Leadership L6 - L10
Budehaven Community School is a vibrant, popular 11 – 19 Secondary Community School with 1181 students on roll.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and inspirational Head of science, to work within our extended senior leadership team, to work collaboratively to take the school onto the next stage of its improvement journey.
Bude is a beautiful part of the country and Budehaven is located at the heart of the town and our community. We work incredibly hard to build and maintain relationships with our community, and we strive to ensure that our reputation across Bude and beyond is positive.
Our school’s ethos is built on care and respect, and this is what we expect of all staff and students, alike.
We are looking for a Head of science who:
• Can set a clear vision for the science department, aligned to the values of the school, to ensure the best science learning experience for all pupils in all years.
• Is a major contributor to the outcomes and leadership of our school.
• Ensures excellent outcomes at Key Stage 3, 4 and 5 for all pupils in science, across all year groups, regardless of background or prior attainment.
• Will lead the Biology, Chemistry and Physics subject leaders to ensure a consistent approach and wider sharing of best practice, benefitting all learners.
• Will support and encourage all science staff in curriculum development and continuous professional development.
• Will foster, promote and co-ordinate cross curricular approaches and developments.
• Is responsible for an ongoing review of the science curriculum through liaison with SLT.
• Will effectively timetable and to contribute as necessary to the planning of the school timetable.
• Will maintain an up to date set of schemes of learning, in-line with the school’s approaches and ensure appropriate syllabuses for all areas within the Faculty.
• Will ensure the classroom and departmental environment supports teaching and learning and is a vibrant place to learn for all.
• Can actively recruit Sixth Form learners, as well as an increased participation of Triple science at GCSE.
We can offer:
• Students who are welcoming, well behaved and curious young people
• The support of an experienced governing body and a dedicated team of staff and leaders
• A school that is at the heart of its community and is well respected
• Continued Professional Development tailored to support you as you develop within your role
• A school that has innovative education and health care links
• A successful sixth form with students who go onto top universities
For more details about the school including how to apply, the role and requirements, or for an appointment to visit the school, please visit the school website or TES jobs online.
Application is via completion of an application form with a supporting statement, no more than two sides of A4, Calibri 11 font.
Applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17.00 on Tuesday 20th April 2021.
All applicants will be notified of outcomes by Thursday 22nd April 2021 and interviews will be held in the week commencing 26th April 2021.
Budehaven Community School is committed to safeguarding children and all appointments will be subject to a satisfactory and current enhanced disclosure and barring check.
Applying for the job
Please email email@example.com if you would like an application pack or go to our website via the link belowMore on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
1149 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Budehaven Community School
Budehaven is a popular comprehensive school located on the beautiful north Cornwall coast. We provide education to 1181 students from Ages 11 to 19. We have a thriving Sixth Form of 167 students, an Integrated Health Centre and Community Leisure Centre.
We are judged by Ofsted to be a good school (Ofsted, March 2017). We offer an exceptional working and learning environment where kindness, respect, trust and ambition play a central role in our vision. We are ambitious for our students academically and for their development into curious young people, who go beyond their locality and look at the world in wonder, becoming thoughtful and productive members of society. We are looking for someone to join our school, who shares this aspiration.
If you are appointed to this post, we will support you with an excellent induction programme. This is for both experienced and new entrants to the profession and is led by one of our Assistant Headteachers. We work very closely with Dartmoor Teaching School Alliance to ensure that our newly qualified and recently qualified teachers are well supported and receive bespoke training
Arranging a visit to Budehaven Community School
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to arrange a school visit