Castle View Academy is located in the north of Portsmouth and we are proud of the education and training we offer students and staff in our new building. We have a track record of continuous improvement in GCSE results with this year’s results setting a new record. Excellence in all we do lies at the heart of the education we offer and we are eager to meet like minded colleagues who share this vision. We believe in traditional values, respect, hard work, determination and resilience and strive to instill these values in our students who learn by example from the staff they interact with.
Our staff are happy, dedicated and hardworking individuals. We offer bespoke Continuing Professional Development programs for PGCEs, NQTs, Teach First, School Direct and qualified staff and encourage participation in CPD opportunities offered through United Learning.
If you are looking to contribute to the excellent education we offer to the young people of Paulsgrove, we would be delighted to meet with you and show how we work at Castle View Academy.
- To ensure the Science curriculum is delivered to all students at the academy
- To raise the standards of student attainment and achievement across the Science faculty, ensuring the faculty exceeds National expectations
- To be accountable for student progress and development within the faculty
- To act as the Head of department for Science
- To lead the whole school STEM strategy
- To work in partnership with the leadership team to decide on the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students in accordance with the aims of the Academy and the curricular policies determined by the Governing Body and Principal
- To ensure rigorous monitoring, quality control and effective teacher development across the faculty
- Contribute to the formulation and regular up-dating of the Departmental Development Plan with due regard to the Academy Improvement Plan and The Academy Self Evaluation Framework
- To work with the Academy Leadership team to ensure the highest possible standards of teaching is evident across the Science department.
- To address underperformance in line with academy policies
- To establish good faculty liaison with feeder schools and education providers
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.