HEAD OF SCIENCE
MPS/UPS + TLR1B
The Governors are looking for an outstanding practitioner with a proven track record of achievement and leadership to lead a committed science team in the next stage of development. As our new Head of Science you will have the skills and ambition to make a significant impact on the quality of teaching and learning within the department and you will achieve this by being a team player, with strong interpersonal skills allied to high expectations and ambition.
The successful candidate will be:
• Committed to securing positive outcomes for all groups of students.
• Able to ensure that science results remain exceptionally strong and are in line with or better than the other core subjects.
• Well qualified and highly motivated.
• Leading a fully staffed, hard-working department to the next stage of its development.
• Able to demonstrate high professional standards and have a proven track record of success at key stages 3 and 4 and in post 16 learning.
We offer you:
• A supportive, close-knit, ambitious school with excellent facilities.
• An environment where students have excellent attitudes to learning.
• Students who, through wide and diverse academic, pastoral and extra-curricular opportunities, grow as individuals and contribute enthusiastically to the school community.
• A comprehensive and personalised professional development programme to support your individual career goals.
Closing date: 9.00 am on 22nd March 2021
Interviews: 25th March 2021
Early applications are encouraged as we will review applications as we receive them: applicants may be contacted before the closing date
Further details of the post are available from Jo Davies, Headteacher’s PA/Personnel Manager (email@example.com)
Our school operates a rigorous recruitment process to ensure candidates’ suitability to work with children. All posts in school are subject to disclosure of criminal records.
Applying for the job
Please complete and return your letter of application and completed application form to Mrs Jo Davies (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
1062 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Chenderit School
Following our Ofsted Section 8 inspection in May 2017, we were delighted and proud to have been judged good once again. We have continued to use this as a springboard to further success and want our learning environment to go on improving so that all learners engage fully with the curriculum, enjoy and achieve.
Chenderit is an oversubscribed and very successful school located a few miles from Banbury and with easy access to the M40