Head of Science
The successful applicant for this post will be expected to:
• Work closely with the Director of Learning to lead and manage Science, securing outstanding attainment and progress at all key stages.
• Teach high quality lessons across the Sciences up to GCSE with the ability to teach Chemistry, Physics or Biology up to A Level.
• Create a happy, dynamic, innovative culture in the department and ensure all staff are performing to an outstanding standard and are happy and motivated in doing so.
• Show flexibility, innovation and intelligence in responding to the needs of the pupils and Academy as a whole.
• Work closely with other middle and senior leaders to help mould and drive further improvements across the Academy.
The right person for the job will be:
• Passionate about Science and have excellent academic qualifications and thorough subject knowledge.
• Aligned with our educational vision and committed to a knowledge-led curriculum, with high ambitions for pupil attainment.
• Able to combine academic rigour and achievement with enjoyment of the subject.
• An inspirational leader, with the capacity to develop excellence in others.
• A good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills and the ability to motivate a team.
• Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
• Committed to wider Academy life
Essential educational requirements
Degree in any Science subject
Post Graduate Certificate in Education
Essential skills and experience
Several years experience at teaching in a Science department in a secondary school as second in charge.
+ TLR 1b £9,667
About Laureate Academy
Laureate Academy in Hemel Hempstead is the newest addition to the Future Academies family of schools, and opened in September 2018. We are sharply focused on ensuring that students at the Academy receive an exceptional standard of education.
- Warners End Road, Hemel Hempstead, HP1 3DW