- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
North Walsham High School
Headteacher: Mr James Gosden
Required: Head of Science
Date: April 2022 (or September 2022 for the right candidate)
Salary: MPS/UPS & TLR 1a
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational full time Head of Science to start in April 2022. However, for the right candidate we could support a September 2022 start.
The successful applicant will:
• Teach a full timetable of Science with requisite leadership time;
• Be enthusiastic and determined to achieve the very best outcomes;
• Be passionate about teaching and learning;
• Be committed to the school’s vision: “We put the success and happiness of our students at the heart of everything we do”;
• Embody and model our values of trust, resilience, excellence and kindness;
• Be dedicated to ensuring students continually improve;
• To lead continued improvement in Science;
• To lead work on reviewing and improving the Science curriculum;
• Manage the Science department;
• Teach both KS4 and KS3;
• Take an active part in CPD which includes regular and deliberate practice.
Professional development opportunities are plentiful and we are always working hard to be innovative around workload- we want you to have a balanced life and enjoy working with our children! We have really strong supportive policies on feedback, reporting and behaviour for learning (including centralised detentions) that allow you and your team time to plan and teach excellent lessons.
For an informal discussion contact Mr James Gosden (firstname.lastname@example.org). We welcome visits to the school prior to application. Full job description and application form can be downloaded from www.nwhs.uk email applications to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is Monday 31st January 12pm with interviews in the week beginning 31st January.
Employees may be required to work across Academies within the trust.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.
TLR 1a - £8291
Applying for the job
Please complete and return the application form with a covering letter.Download an application form - 140 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 593 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About North Walsham High School
“We put the success and happiness of our students at the heart of everything we do”.
North Walsham High School, part of the Enrich Learning Trust, is a small secondary school in Norfolk. We are a rapidly improving school that has a strong community of dedicated staff who live out our vision and put the success and happiness of our students at the heart of everything we do. This is underpinned by our core values of Trust, Resilience, Excellence and Kindness.
Arranging a visit to North Walsham High School
For an informal discussion contact Mr James Gosden (firstname.lastname@example.org). We welcome visits to the school prior to application.