Head of Science
• To provide strategic leadership and effective line management for the Science department.
• To secure high quality teaching and the effective use of resources to ensure that expected standards are met, maintained and exceeded.
• To oversee an appropriate environment to aid quality teaching and learning.
• To ensure high levels of engagement with staff, students, parents and wider learning communities.
Essential educational requirements
First Degree or equivalent
Evidence of contributing to continuing professional development
Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
Outstanding classroom practitioner (experience of KS3,4 & 5)
Experience of transition/partnership work
Experience of teaching to AS/A Level
Experience of working with parents and external agencies
Experience of policy review, development and implementation.
Experience of implementing systems and processes to monitor and evaluate learning and teaching
Free off road parking
Annual flu immunisation
Free counselling service
Free summer social event
About The Cedars Academy
- Wanlip Lane, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE4 4GH
- The Cedars Academy website (opens in a new window)