|Job role||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
We are looking to appoint an ambitious, innovative and effective colleague to lead our Science team. You will be committed to raising standards, by improving the quality of teaching and learning.
You will have excellent forward planning skills, the ability to ‘make things happen’ and, importantly, a clear view of ‘the big picture’ in terms of where the Faculty is – and where it is going.
Main purposes of this role:
● To contribute to the development and successful implementation of the School Improvement Plan and to be responsible for the Science Faculty section of that plan
● To lead a team of teachers and support staff in the delivery of Science, ensuring high quality learning experiences within the classroom
● To ensure high levels of achievement by students, particularly in external examinations
● To promote Science within the school and the community
● To develop and promote opportunities for students to take part in subject related enrichment, extra-curricular activities and revision classes
● As a Teacher and Tutor to carry out the responsibilities detailed in the classroom teacher job description
We also offer excellent CPD opportunities for all staff. Our school is situated in a delightful campus and is only 5 minutes from the M5 (Junction 21). This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate and talented senior leader to join a thriving school and work with students who are keen to learn.
Applying for the job
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we do not accept CV's.
We also require a covering letter to support your application, which should be on no more than 2 sides of A4.
|School size||1415 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
About Worle Community School
As a school on the up in Weston-Super-Mare, we can offer you:
- The opportunity to develop in a school committed to excellence that values staff and student wellbeing
- Access to dedicated specialist support from the Director of Science
- A two week October half term
- A sensible feedback policy that values student progress and teacher workload
Worle Community School – An Academy is a thriving 11-16 mixed comprehensive with 1400 students on roll serving the north of Weston-Super-Mare.
We are an aspirational school and the successful candidate will join us at an exciting time. We have recently been graded “good” for Personal Development in our latest Ofsted inspection. We are seen as a school who “recognises the talents of our students” and are passionate about getting the best from each and every one.
Arranging a visit to Worle Community School
To arrange a visit to the school please contact Jacqui Scott, Principal on 01934 510777
Redwing Drive, Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset, BS22 8XX