Westlands School are looking for a Subject Leader for an established and thriving Social Sciences department who is able to deliver Psychology, Sociology and Criminology across Key Stage(s) 4 and 5.
An opportunity to lead a team of dedicated individuals who put pupil experience and progress at the heart of their teaching.
Join us and benefit from:
● A friendly, supportive and committed team;
● A very well-run department where pupils achieve exceptionally well;
● Pupils who enjoy learning in a dynamic and exciting school;
● Teaching a subject that is very popular in Key Stage 4;
● An excellent CPD programme, which gives all staff the opportunity to study further;
● Being part of a highly successful trust.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Based on a tradition of excellent exam results, a wide and varied curriculum and two previous 'Outstanding' OFSTED judgements, the school is oversubscribed and has gained an enviable reputation in the wider community. Westlands School is a mixed, 11-18, non-selective school and is one of the most popular in the county.
Our curriculum provides impressive breadth, which we are proud of, this means that students can study academic courses alongside a wide choice of arts, technology and other vocational subjects. We have an enhanced range of extra-curricular activities, which we believe provides enrichment as well as developing students’ character.
Westlands is particularly proud of the fact that it focuses on students of all abilities making exceptional levels of progress, particularly in the key skills of literacy and numeracy.