Depending on experience
Head of Technology
Required for September 2021 (or sooner)
Teachers make the education of their pupils at St Thomas More Language College their first concern, and are accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct. Teachers act with honesty and integrity; have strong subject knowledge, keep their knowledge and skills as teachers up-to-date and are self-critical; forge positive professional relationships; and work with parents in the best interests of their pupils.
The Governors seek to appoint an exceptional Leader of Technology for this outstanding oversubscribed mixed Catholic comprehensive in the heart of Chelsea.
• Be able to teach and lead in more than one technology subject e.g. Computer Science; Graphics; Food Tech; ICT; Business
• Have high expectations of yourself and those around you
• Lead with a very strong vision and shared values
• Be an excellent and innovative classroom practitioner
• Be committed to improving the learning of all students
• Be willing to go the extra mile
• Be ambitious and aspire to develop your own career pathway
• Have a sense of humour.
• Salary + TLR 1A/1B (salary package depends on experience and agreed responsibilities)
• Motivated, hard working students
• Supportive parents
• Support to carry out your role
• Exceptional ICT facilities
• A personalised programme of CPD
• The opportunity to join a dedicated and committed staff
• A supportive and collaborative environment
• Generous benefits including a travel card
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic
637 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Saint Thomas More Language College
St Thomas More Language College is a co-educational voluntary aided school based in Kensington and Chelsea London for students aged 11-16. It Roman Catholic school. At the heart of school’s buildings stands its chapel. Mass celebrated at beginning each day. In tutor groups, morning, there also daily act worship composed around whole theme. The has house system throughout year are variety inter-house competitions. Values vision: sees itself as community living growing faith. school, it firmly believed that life teachings Jesus Christ foundation all undertakes. expects members to be responsible citizens upholding gospel values society. Ofsted: “Teachers’ continuing training outstanding, with large numbers engaged further study several working towards Masters qualification. very rich range additional learning opportunities, including some outstanding music provision, developing strong spiritual, moral, social, cultural emotional experiences real strength college. governing body know college intimately work strategically senior team promoting leadership.”
Arranging a visit to Saint Thomas More Language College
Visits to the college prior to application are welcome, by appointment. For further details please email the Headteacher’s PA at: email@example.com, or phone 020 7589 9734
The school is an equal opportunity employer and promotes and supports the safeguarding and protection of children and individuals. The post is subject to a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.