looking to appoint an outstanding and inspiring teacher to be the Head of our new
Travel and Tourism department at The Stanway School.
This is an
exciting opportunity to help expand our already popular suite of Key Stage 4
programmes, ready for teaching your first cohort of students in the subject
from September 2023. This is a wonderful chance to build a new subject in a
well-established and successful school.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- To create a relevant and engaging programme of study ready for
delivery in September 2023.
- To be accountable for the highest standards of pupil
achievement within Travel & Tourism, monitoring and evaluation of pupil
achievement and setting targets for improvement.
- To lead, develop and enhance the teaching practice of all
teachers in Travel & Tourism by preparing and co-ordinating SOW and sharing
high quality resources.
- To analyse student progress data and take appropriate action to
ensure that students make rapid progress. For example, reshaping SOW to improve
(The full details can be found in the attached Job
Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if
- Ability to plan and teach effectively using a variety of
- Excellent interpersonal skills with both adults and children.
- Ability to work effectively to a high standard, on occasion,
under pressure, meeting deadlines.
- A commitment to raising standards and continuous improvement.
- To have a ‘can do’ philosophy.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, The Stanway
We can offer you:
- A Competitive
school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build
Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme
and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
HEAD OF TRAVEL AND
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale with
a TLR 2C
Actual Salary from: £28,000 - £43, 685 (M1 –
U3) + £3,017 (TLR 2C)
Start Date: 17th April 2023 or 1st September 2023
This job post has expired.