We are looking for a qualified, experienced teacher to join Harris Academy Chafford Hundred as Head of Year 13.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- QTS (or equivalent) and a good undergraduate degree
- Successful experience teaching at good or better level;
- Experience of initiation and effective management of change;
- Evidence of raising achievement in present post and showing good value added for groups
- Experience of student leadership beyond the classroom
- A proven track record of highly effective teaching.
- Knowledge of current curriculum developments in subject and their implications;
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of current educational thinking; Detailed understanding of how children learn and how to raise standards of achievement;
- Effective communication skills in speech and writing;
- Excellent presentation and organisational skills
- Ability to build and sustain professional standards and relationships with students
- Ability to contribute towards creating a safe and protective environment
Harris Academy Chafford Hundred is an outstanding school with an excellent reputation. It is an oversubscribed 11-18 school where staff are supported to become the best through an investment in excellent professional development.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, electric car scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The general responsibilities of your role will be:
- To plan and oversee a programme of sessions for tutor time.
- To expand and manage the enrichment and extracurricular activities for the sixth form.
- To source contributors for assembly as part of the sixth form team to raise motivation and aspirations of students.
- To promote sixth form student leadership and ownership of enrichment activities.
- To plan and oversee a Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural programme.
- To work in partnership with the Head of Sixth form to identify student underachievement and poor attendance of those in year 12 and 13.
- To work closely with the Head of Sixth Form in the recruitment of new sixth formers including attending and organising open evening and attending any other Post 16 recruitment events.
- To work with the pastoral manager to ensure well-being of students and liaise closely to discuss any students concerns on a weekly basis.
- To liaise with the Head of Sixth Form to plan and deliver the Extended Project Qualification.
- To support Head of Sixth Form with careers advisory services and destinations
- To work with Head of Sixth Form to analyse and evaluate Sixth Form performance in termly Self Evaluation Form.
- To support the Head of Sixth Form with behavioural and pastoral issues where appropriate.
- To deputise for the Head of Sixth form as required.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.