PURPOSE OF POST:
This post is part of the leadership team as a middle leader. The postholder has a teaching commitment. The teacher will contribute to the School Improvement Plan, supporting the ethos, aims and vision of the school and will work with staff to develop the curriculum and raise attainment.
The teacher will undertake all duties required of a qualified teacher identified in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document and will undertake class teaching in a designated year group. They will also contribute to and lead the development of the curriculum across the school.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
1. Assisting in whole school, year group and lesson planning which meets the needs of all pupils
2. Co-ordinating / acting as subject(s) specialist including monitoring and assessment, policy assessment and teaching strategies, consulting with colleagues and feeding back to the Leadership Team.
3. Monitoring and assessing pupil results and progress, ensuring appropriate records have been kept, and using performance data to inform individual pupil, class and year group targets, lesson planning and the preparation of differentiated work, which meets the needs and potential of all pupils.
4. Supporting the school’s pastoral system, within the year group, class and with individual pupils.
5. Contributing to the school’s performance management process, coaching and mentoring colleagues, monitoring teaching in the curriculum area and the input of class support staff.
6. Contributing to the effective deployment of support staff and resources (ICT and consumables) within the class.
7. Keeping abreast of local and national developments.
8. Informing staff, Headteacher and the Governing Body on the effectiveness of the Year Group.
9. Leading, managing and supporting staff in developing the Year Group.
10. Playing a full part in the life of the school community, supporting the ethos of the school, and encouraging staff, parents and pupils to do likewise. Complying with school policies and procedures in areas such as assessment, marking, behaviour management, communication with parents, teaching English as an additional language, cover, induction, planning, staff meetings, and parental events.
11. Ensuring personal professional development, being up-to-date in national and local developments, participating in whole school and individualised INSET and sharing with others.
12. Any other duties as directed by the Headteacher.
This job post has expired.