Head of Year (Pastoral Leader)
Oaks Park High School, Ilford, Essex
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 5 to Upper pay range 3, £46,773 to £54,474,.00|
Are you looking to develop your teaching career in an innovative, creative and supportive environment? Are you a dynamic & reflective practitioner with leadership potential?
Oaks Park High School is looking to appoint an exceptional and ambitious teacher to lead a year group and work with students, staff and parents, to ensure their success.
Do you believe in working in partnership with families and the local community to enable each child to aim high?
Are you passionate about the importance of continuing professional learning?
Do you believe that each child’s journey of discovery should include learning life and academic skills in equal measure, preparing each child to thrive in our global society?
Oaks Park High School does, so come and join us.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a strong track record as an excellent teacher and be committed to working with the key stage and subject leaders to promote learning and maximise achievement for each student in the year group
- Experience in using all available data to identify and track student progress in the year group, both at a subgroup as well as an individual level and use this to drive interventions and improve outcomes
- Be able to provide a visible leadership to a team of form leaders and to lead form leader meetings with a clear and defined agenda, including implementation of school initiatives
- Knowledge, understanding and leadership accountability within the school organisation
- Proven record of promoting high student achievement
- Experience of teaching in a large mixed comprehensive school
- Proven record of very good student examination attainment through classes taught
- Be able to teach across the age and ability range for KS3 to 5.
- Have an understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities in its widest sense and a commitment to inclusive education
- Ability to build productive relationships with students, staff, parents and governors
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and a good team player
- Oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with over 400 students in the Sixth Form and excellent modern facilities to support learning.
- Work with a collaborative, forward thinking Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
- Strong vision of success and achievement supported by an excellent continuing professional development programme for all staff.
- Medical and well-being support for all staff (at no cost to the member of staff)
- An ambitious and supportive multicultural community that keeps our child-centred philosophy at the heart of everything that we do.
- Highly regarded for outstanding pupil behaviour and purposeful learning environment.
- Committed to the very highest standards of student care and achievement and seek outstanding staff who wish to be part of our success.
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||1800 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Oaks Park High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Oaks Park High School
Oaks Park High School is a very popular and oversubscribed mixed comprehensive school which is expanding the number on roll to meet community demand. The school prides itself on being an ambitious and supportive multi-cultural community that keeps our child-centred philosophy at the heart of everything that we do. Oaks Park is highly regarded for its exceptional pupil behaviour and purposeful learning environment. The school is centrally located in the London Borough of Redbridge, with very good transport links to central and outer London, with Newbury Park station only a four minute walk away.
45-65 Oaks Lane, Ilford, Essex, IG2 7PQ