Head Teacher job summaryThe Governors wish to appoint a Head Teacher who will build on excellent practices and bring fresh ideas to continue to drive our school forward.
We offer you:
• Friendly, energetic and enthusiastic children.
• Talented and hardworking staff who are dedicated to helping children reach their individual potential.
• A school where every child matters and all achievements are valued.
• An attractive and well maintained school environment with excellent resources and enviable outdoor provision.
• An opportunity to lead a successful infant school which has strategically resourced provision for children with additional needs.
• A very supportive Governing Body.
We require you to be:
• An experienced, resourceful leader who will have the vision and drive to build on our many successes and raise standards even higher.
• An individual who is passionate about keeping outdoor learning and continuous provision at the heart of teaching and learning.
• An excellent practitioner who can inspire, challenge, support and empower others.
• An effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to forge and sustain links with parents, outside agencies and our wider community.
Wigton Infant School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and well-being of its pupils, engages with young people and staff in Policy and practice developments, proactively encourages feedback and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to complete a safeguarding declaration form.
Wigton Infant School is a Safeguarding School. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate checks and undertake an enhanced DBS and, where appropriate to the post, a requirement to complete a Childcare Disqualification declaration.
All members of staff undergo safeguarding training.
Visits to school are warmly welcomed, please contact Mrs Lyanne Woodburn, Clerk to the Governors on 016973 42649 or by email: email@example.com to arrange a time which is mutually convenient.
Application packs are available by visiting the school website: www.wigtoninf.cumbria.sch.uk
Completed application forms should be returned to the Clerk to the Governors at the school, her details are listed above.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 21st February 2022
Shortlisting: Tuesday 8th March 2022
Interview Dates: Monday 21st & Tuesday 22nd March 2022
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Wigton Infant School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 2 to 7
- School size
- 197 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 7
Wigton is a busy expanding market town 10 miles west of the historic City of Carlisle and approximately 15 miles from the M6. We are located between the Lake District and the Solway Coast. The beautiful scenery compliments our outdoor learning through Forest and Beach Schools.
Arranging a visit to Wigton Infant School
Visits can be arranged by contacting Lyanne Woodburn, Clerk to Governors on 016973 42649