8 days remaining to apply
Start date details
31 March 2023 at 9am
13 February 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Full time, Permanent
Full-time equivalent salary
- £62,560.00 Annually (Actual)
What skills and experience we're looking for
The right candidate will:
- Be a highly capable, strategic thinker with a clear vision to lead the school to further success and a proven track record for delivering positive outcomes.
- Possess an unrelenting focus to maximise student attainment, progress and achievement.
- Be an enthusiastic, collaborative and innovative leader with the willingness to understand the team and achieve the best from them including the professional development of all colleagues.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to engage effectively with children, parents, school and tTrust colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Share and positively promote our school and trust values and be approachable, supportive and passionate about the well-being of pupils and colleagues alike.
- Lead by example demonstrating a commitment to high standards of teaching and learning and ensure consistent and excellent learning opportunities for all children.
- Have the ability to share and learn from best practice, including the use of appropriate research-based evidence
What the school offers its staff
What we offer:
- A peer network of like-minded Headteachers.
- A career structure for talented Headteachers.
- Recognition that all schools are unique, with an approach that encourages local accountability and governance that is responsive to community needs.
- A commitment to excellence in education, grounded in a shared moral purpose of ensuring high-quality provision for all learners.
- An established track record of high-quality education and experience of leading rapid school improvement.
- An employer committed to offering all staff high quality professional development opportunities, shared resources and expertise.
- Effective business management systems, ensuring that our academies are able to focus on delivering inspirational teaching and learning.
Further details about the role
Danemill Primary School is in the village of Enderby, which was originally built on a Danish Settlement, hence the name of the school. Originally, the school was built in 1965 as a junior school, the local Infant school was based on Townsend Road and in 2013 the two schools merged into one site.
We are proud of our vibrant pre and after-school care clubs. The school’s NOR is currently 374 and we have over 50 colleagues working in school, many of whom are specialist leaders in education.
We are a designated ITT Training School for Inspiring Leaders SCITT.
This post is an opportunity for us to recruit a Headteacher who has the ability and ambition to take Danemill to the next stage of its journey. We are looking for someone who shares our values and ambitions and has the vision, drive, resilience, and experience to build on our success to date. Our credentials are impressive and the progress and attainment of our children at Danemill have been excellent, but we face new challenges, including a changing pupil demographic, an increasing number of children with high needs, and the need to ensure our curriculum consistently meets the needs of pupils. You will be outward-facing and able to share and learn from research whilst knowing when to develop new initiatives. The school has a passion for using technology to accelerate learning and reduce teacher workload. We are looking for someone who will embrace this journey and continue to develop their expertise.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Enderby Danemill Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 384 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 07855 822376
About Us At Danemill we believe that a happy child is a child who will enjoy learning in a positive and inclusive environment with excellent support and above all, fun. Our goal is to provide the children with an education to develop their full potential, so that each will have a full and satisfying life and may, with happiness and a sense of self-worth, contribute to society. We aim to create a happy, creative, co-operative and imaginative environment for our children. Our children and their development embody our school motto – “Only my best is good enough”. We promise to provide an environment and the support that allows this belief to flourish. We provide a wide and varied range of extracurricular activities in addition to the National Curriculum that cater for all year groups. The children are actively encouraged to participate in these activities to enhance both their learning and social skills.
Arranging a visit to Enderby Danemill Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Deputy Headteacher with responsibility for Inclusion
Southam St James CofE Academy
Tollgate Road, Southam, Warwickshire, CV47 1EE
Arnesby Church of England Primary School
Mill Hill Road, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE8 5WG
St Lawrence CofE (Voluntary Aided) Primary School
Dog Lane, Southam, Warwickshire, CV47 8LU
Sir John Moore Church of England Primary School
101 Top Street, Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE12 7AH
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Leicester and Leicestershire and Rutland