Highters Heath Community School, Birmingham, West Midlands
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£56,579 to £65,561|
Due to the retirement of our current Head Teacher, the Governing Body are looking to appoint a dedicated, enthusiastic and inspirational leader who will value and build on the hard work already undertaken.
Highters Heath Community School is a one form entry primary school which serves a diverse and changing community and has a high percentage of Pupil Premium. We have an ‘I Can’ philosophy and place a strong emphasis on respect and understanding of others.
We are looking for someone who:
• will move the school from Requires Improvement to at least Good
• has proven leadership, management and interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire others
• has high expectations for pupils’ attainment, behaviour and personal development
• has the ability and determination to secure further improvement and success for the school
• will empower and inspire staff and children to fulfil their potential
• will build independent and resilient learners who are able to communicate confidently
• will listen to and treat all members of the community with respect
• will recognise ability, maximise potential and prepare children well for their future and life in modern Britain
• is able to manage a challenging financial situation
• a welcoming and inclusive learning community where all children are encouraged to be the very best they can be
• caring, friendly, courteous children who enjoy learning
• dedicated governors with high expectations who provide key support and challenge
• a hardworking, determined and committed team of teachers and support staff
• a school where you feel able to make a difference to young lives every day.
• a well-embedded “I can” philosophy throughout school
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs Emma Ryan or Mrs Rachel Fry, Office Managers, on 0121 464 2459 or e-mail: email@example.com to arrange an
Closing Date: Thursday 19th December, 12 noon 2019
Shortlisting: Week commencing 6th January 2020
Interviews to be held: Monday 20th January 2020
Completed applications should be returned to Highters Heath Community School, Highters Heath Lane, Kings Heath, Birmingham, B14 4LY or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Highters Heath Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks;
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Recent, relevant in-service training in current educational practice, including the leadership and management of teaching and learning.
Knowledge and understanding of education and schools systems locally and nationally.
Knowledge of the National Standards of Excellence for Head teachers.
Essential skills and experience
Considerable successful experience in leadership and management and demonstrating the ability to differentiate between them.
Demonstration of a good understanding of School Improvement Planning and implementation.
Experience of implementing Performance Management.
Experience of partnership working with parents and the wider community including external agencies.
Successful and varied teaching experience in appropriate phases, including working with children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
Experience of co-ordinating family support services as appropriate.
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||206 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Highters Heath Community School website (opens in a new window)|
Highters Heath Lane, Birmingham, West Midlands, B14 4LY