We are seeking an inspirational leader with vision, ambition and energy to take forward the journey of improvement started by our interim Executive Headteacher and interim Headteacher over the last academic year. Our one form entry primary school is based in West Central Halifax within a multi-racial, multi-faith community with most pupils of Pakistani heritage.
This is a great opportunity to further develop our curriculum and renew our school’s vision and strategy. The substantive Headteacher will have a proven track record of school improvement, outstanding communication and relationship skills and be committed to excellence in teaching and learning. The successful candidate will be expected to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower staff and pupils to achieve.
Applying for the job
Please see attached links for the application pack and application form
About St Augustine's CofE VA Junior and Infant School
Our results have been well below National average for the past few years and Ofsted rated us “Requires Improvement” in November 2017. An Interim Executive Board was in place from March last year but was dissolved and replaced by a new Governing Body at the start of this term.
We need from you:
• Substantial and successful leadership experience in a primary school
• Ability to further develop our staff team, coaching and supporting as appropriate
• Understanding of what makes teaching and learning effective
• Understanding of assessment, data and strategies to deliver improved pupil outcomes
We can offer you:
• A welcoming, friendly, inclusive school with well-motivated staff and enthusiastic children
• Strong Christian Ethos and Values (particularly care and respect), encouraging an awareness of the meaning and significance of faith
• A very supportive local cluster of schools
• Strong links with the parish and local nurseries, including the Jubilee Centre and the next-door St Augustine’s Centre, which also offers other significant local community support.
Arranging a visit to St Augustine's CofE VA Junior and Infant School
Please contact the school office on 01422 360615 to arrange any visits. These will have to be conducted Friday afternoons to protect our class bubbles.
Hanson Lane, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 5PG