Leadership SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
£63,508 - £72,497pa
Following notice to retire at Christmas 2021 from our current Headteacher, the Governors of Victoria Community School are looking to appoint a new Headteacher from January 2022.
We are looking for an exceptional leader who is able to support, challenge and inspire our children and has a vision and passion to take our school forward.
We can offer:
• friendly, caring and well-motivated pupils
• a happy safe and caring school with a dedicated team of staff
• a committed and supportive governing body
• a strong relationship with the community
• a supportive partnership with local schools
We are seeking an innovative, highly-motivated Headteacher with excellent interpersonal skills who:
• will ensure high expectations and successful outcomes for all our pupils,
• has a commitment to maintaining the inclusive nature of our school,
• has a clear vision for the future of our school,
• has the strategic ability to implement this vision in partnership with Governors, staff, parents and the community,
• has a commitment to excellence in education,
• has experience of Special Needs provision and working in a diverse community
• has enthusiasm and passion for school life,
• has the ability to drive school improvement to secure and maintain high standards of achievement and attainment for all,
• will enhance the quality of education and management within the school,
• has proven successful senior leadership experience.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Victoria Community School, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, is a successful, diverse primary school with a nursery and is rooted at the heart of its community. Part of our school includes a County funded Speech and Language Centre which is a 20 place unit offering placements for children with severe speech, language and communication issues from across East Staffordshire, Lichfield and Tamworth.
The school is located in the centre of Burton upon Trent with easy access to surrounding areas of Derby, Lichfield and Tamworth.
The school is located across two sites which are just under a mile apart. One is an old Victorian building which houses our Reception to Year Three children, with our purpose-built Nursery based across the road. Our Orchard site has our Year Four to Six students and our Speech and Language Centre. Each building is well equipped and well maintained. Our Orchard site has significant grounds and offers a range of outdoor experiences.
Our children thrive in a welcoming, supportive and caring environment. This is an opportunity for an inspirational leader to continue to enable our school to progress, building on our current achievements and continuing to secure and drive forward improvements in future performance.
Arranging a visit to Victoria Community School
Visits to the school are welcome- contact Carole Devine on 01283 247432 to arrange a visit.