The Governing Board seeks to appoint a Headteacher who will bring strong leadership and a nurturing ethos to our bright and welcoming maintained primary school in the city of Cambridge.
The successful candidate will have the vision, leadership skills and energy to build upon our firm foundation and achievements and to drive forward the positive development of the school, for the benefit of pupils, staff and parents, now and in the future.
The Head's role is supported by a dedicated and creative team of staff. They are willing to go above and beyond in working to provide an inspiring and rounded education to equip our local children with the confidence and the willingness to learn, to help them reach their potential.
In the 16 years since the school opened, we have built a strong presence in the local community. Orchard Park serves that diverse community with professionalism and understanding. We seek to enhance our role at the heart of the community with the help of a new Head with the ambition, drive, communication skills and holistic approach to deliver high quality education valued by all.
We offer the opportunity to:
- develop professionally and personally, with full support for your continuing professional development
- lead a school with a positive and nurturing ethos
- further promote strong relationships between all stakeholders
- further develop a stable, well-run school of a size that supports a welcoming and caring school ethos and that is well recognised in the local area
- work alongside a creative and dedicated Senior Leadership Team
- enhance the skills and expertise of an experienced, knowledgeable staff team who are committed and supportive
- further enhance a rich and diverse curriculum to promote the development needs of each child
- work with an experienced Governing Board, with a broad range of skills
- manage excellent facilities that will provide the right setting for your aspirations and plans
- work with a well-designed and well-equipped school building on a large site with varied play options
- work within the unique and thriving city of Cambridge with its excellent cultural life, local amenities and transport links
We are looking for someone who:
- is innovative, inspirational, and able to motivate our staff and children ensuring they feel valued and supported
- is able to bring out the best in every pupil, with excellent behaviour management skills
- can shape the future direction of the school, with ambition, drive and creativity, with the ability to articulate a clear vision
- puts safety and wellbeing of pupils and staff at the forefront of all actions and decisions
- is a capable and confident communicator
- brings proven leadership, interpersonal and management skills
- has a pragmatic focus on how to use our resources effectively
- understands that school improvement is a constant need and has a strong record of improvement and evidence of impact
- develops staff with coaching, support and empowerment
- can continue to build on strong relationships with our parents, local schools and the wider community
Please visit our website the see the curriculum and activities of our school community. We welcome a visit to our school, prior to application, so that we have the opportunity to show our school, pupils and staff to prospective candidates.
This link will take interested candidates to a copy of the Recruitment Pack which is also attached:
Closing Date: Wednesday 28th February at 12 Midday
Selection Days: 13th March / 14th March 2024
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.