Contract Details: FT and Job Share applications considered
As our trust grows we are looking to build our pool of candidates keen to progress into Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher and Assistant Headteacher roles, so that we have candidates ready to move into well-matched positions as they become available. Applicants are invited to enter stage one of our senior leadership process. If successful at stage one interview, you will join our pool of leadership candidates, and will be invited to the stage 2 recruitment process as and when leadership positions become available.
Finding the right senior leadership team to lead a school is one of the most important aspects of our work as a trust. We only appoint to school leadership positions if a candidate has satisfied us that they have excellent leadership skills, the potential to improve a school and very importantly share our vision, values and ethos.
The purpose of stage one recruitment is:
1. To assess whether a candidate has the potential to make a good senior leader within the ASSET trust and can therefore be considered for appointment to a post
2. To establish gaps in understanding and knowledge that could become areas for development prior to an appointment being suggested
3. To ascertain approach to leadership and school improvement, vision for learning, values, etc, so that they can be matched to a post (and existing team) where their skills can be best utilised and they will thrive
By getting to know you and your aspirations in stage one of our senior leader recruitment process, we can then consider the best placement for you. If a vacancy exists, or when a vacancy arises, we will consider all candidates who have been successful in stage one and find the best match for the school. At this point the process will become public, references will be taken up, and you will visit the school, meet the staff, pupils and parents and a final decision can be made.
Please structure your personal statement as follows:
- Which schools/localities would you consider a leadership position in?
- Which position/s you are interested in being considered for - Assistant/Deputy/Headteacher, and why?
- Why are you applying now?
- Where do you feel your career is heading?
- What key strengths do you have to offer?
- Please summarise three or four key successes in your current job – relate them to evidence based practice where relevant, and to your suitability to leadership
- Give examples of how your own educational philosophy and approach aligns with the ASSET values and approach
- What is your vision for a successful school?
If you would like to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity prior to application, please email ASSET Education CEO Clare Flintoffclare.email@example.com
ASSET Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the job description and will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and children's barred list check, health check, online search and satisfactory references.
This job post has expired.