This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
20 March 2023 at 9am
23 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
- L33 - L43 (range depending on experience)
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Successful senior leadership and management experience in an 11 to 16/18 secondary school.
- At least three years Headship experience.
- Experience of effective school development planning and a track record of delivering outcomes and monitoring impact.
- Experience of managing budgets in accordance with a curriculum-led financial plan.
- Knowledge of current national and local welfare and safeguarding legislation, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of responsibilities related to Keeping Children Safe in Education, Working Together to Safeguard Children and other relevant legislation.
- Experience of managing and developing staff; including holding them to account in accordance with a performance management system.
- An outstanding school leader with a proven track record of school improvement, monitoring, evaluating and reviewing on an ongoing basis.
- Evidence of being an outstanding classroom teacher with a commitment to both academic progress and the personal development of students.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, parents, governors and the local community.
- Evidence of being an effective decision maker with good judgement on when to modify and when to maintain a position.
- Excellent time management, organisational and delegation skills and ability to manage a diverse workload.
- Ability to work in collaboration with other schools, fellow professionals and external organisations to improve outcomes for all children.
What the school offers its staff
We believe that Archbishop Holgate’s is ‘no ordinary school’ and is an excellent place to work, a view confirmed by Ofsted in our recent inspection, “Staff are incredibly proud to work here.” Our staff are friendly and supportive and our students are polite, hardworking and keen to succeed.
Our school has an excellent track record for high quality teaching and learning; an inclusive and inspiring curriculum; a wide variety of extra-curricular opportunities and outstanding GCSE and Post 16 examination results. The school is currently judged outstanding in all areas by both Ofsted and SIAMS.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Archbishop Holgate's School, A Church of England Academy
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1789 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01904 411341
Arranging a visit to Archbishop Holgate's School, A Church of England Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Leeds East Academy
South Parkway, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS14 6TY
Cockburn John Charles Academy
Old Run Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS10 2JU
The Snaith School
Pontefract Road, Goole, East Yorkshire, DN14 9LB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in York and North Riding Of Yorkshire