This is a fantastic opportunity for an empathetic person with an engaging leadership style to lead our caring and inclusive school following the retirement of our current headteacher in July this year. We welcome candidates with previous leadership experience, and are happy to consider candidates looking for their first position as a headteacher.
Our school aims to develop happy children with enquiring minds, a lifelong love of learning and respect for themselves, others and the environment so that they will have the skills, resilience and adaptability to thrive in a rapidly changing world. We encourage and support our children to believe in themselves and what they can achieve academically, and to recognise and develop the skills and personal attributes they each possess.
We are currently in a period of growth. A substantial new housing development a short distance from the school has already resulted in increasing pupil numbers – up from approximately 100 pupils five years ago to 162 today. The construction of further houses and occupation of those already built remains ongoing with continuing expansion of the school. The governors’ strategic aim is to grow the school whilst keeping the ethos of a small caring school by maintaining excellent links with families, the church and the wider community.
Why choose Barrington C of E (VC) Primary School?
- Opportunity to lead the school through a period of growth and the creation of a Deputy Headteacher role
- Stable, cohesive, flexible and hardworking team of teaching and support staff
- Wellbeing of our children and staff is prioritised
- Well-behaved and engaged children
- Supportive Governing Body
- High level of involvement with and support from parents, the church and the local community
- Active PTA fundraising provides equipment and experiences that would otherwise not be possible
- Achieved "Good" rating in 2022 OFSTED inspection and "Excellent" in 2020 SIAMS inspection
- Balanced budget with surplus carried forward every year
- Open to salary scale review when pupil numbers increase significantly
- School is willing to consider flexible working
If you are interested in finding out more about this vacancy, please view the application pack and visit our website (www.barrington.cambs.sch.uk). You are also welcome to email the Chair of Governors (email@example.com) for further details.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please contact Gill Davies (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a mutually convenient time to visit.
All stakeholders of Barrington CE Primary School place the highest priority upon safeguarding. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Appointment is subject to Enhanced DBS Check, Barred List Checks, Section 128 checks and two positive references. In line with guidance from the Safer Recruitment Consortium, an online search will be completed for all shortlisted candidates.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.