Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher, we are looking for an inspirational leader with a clear vision for the further development of our popular and nurturing school for September 2020.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an inspirational individual with proven leadership abilities.
• Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and learning.
• Build on our culture where all individuals are encouraged to succeed, and everyone’s contribution is valued.
• Help children enjoy their learning whilst raising their aspirations.
We can offer:
• Caring, responsible, and motivated children who are keen to learn.
• Dedicated, enthusiastic, hardworking staff and governing board.
• A happy place, where a high value is placed on the care and well-being of every pupil.
Visits to the school are by tours available on:
Monday 10th February at 11.00 am or 1.30 pm
Wednesday 12th February at 9.15 am or 2.30 pm
Wednesday 26th February at 11.00 am or 2.00 pm
Thursday 27th February at 9.15 am
Please contact Mrs J Banton (School Administrator) to confirm on 01283 217782.
Please also visit our website for further details of the school – www.belmont.derbyshire.sch.uk
Closing date: 1st March 2020
Interviews: 23rd and 24th March 2020
Further details and an application pack are available online at www.derbyshire.gov.uk/jobs or Call Derbyshire on 01629 533190 quoting Job Reference JOB/20/00406
Essential educational requirements
Applications are welcome from both experienced Headteachers and candidates currently working within a school leadership team who are looking to take their first headship appointment.
DfE recognised qualified teacher status/Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) status and registered with the Institute for Learning (IFL).
Appropriate leadership and management training, accreditation or qualifications, which may include NPQH, are considered desirable.
Essential skills and experience
Significant recent and relevant experience as a Head Teacher, Deputy or Assistant Head Teacher.
A recent senior leadership post for at least 3 years.
A proven track record of successful leadership.
Successful experience of raising achievement .
Working with and engaging the involvement of external partners and the local community.
Successful teaching of pupils in the primary phase.
Planning, determining and organising major curriculum areas.
About Belmont Primary School
- Belmont Street, Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE11 8JZ
- LA Maintained School
- Belmont Primary School website (opens in a new window)