L20 to L26 (£75,345 to £86,001)
Our new Headteacher will be passionate about achieving the best possible outcomes for our children. They will care about the whole family: parents, carers and children and will value our staff and the contribution they make. They will be welcoming, genuinely friendly and visible to parents. Our Headteacher will enjoy celebrating success, in all its forms, and expect our children to leave Cayley with a life-long love of learning and well prepared for the challenges ahead.
Their style of leadership will be calm, considered, inclusive and they will use distributed leadership to facilitate decision making and manage change. They will deliver strategies designed to help all our children to become resilient and confident learners, who are excited by their learning experiences and who expect, and are encouraged, to do their very best.
Applying for the job
To apply for this role please complete the Tower Hamlets application form (attached to this advert).
In addition to the application form you are required to respond to the Person Specification (included in attached pack) requirements for this role with evidence and examples of your experience. You are not at this stage expected to respond to all points as many can only be established at interview. Your response to this should be no longer than 2 A4 sheets in Ariel 11 font.
You are also required to provide a Personal Statement with the reasons why you would like to be the new Headteacher of our school. Your Personal Statement should be no longer than one A4 sheet in Ariel 11 font.
If you have any questions about the role or the process of application, please call Andrew Best on 07917 080201.
Local authority maintained school
567 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Cayley Primary School
Cayley is a much loved, successful and inclusive school in Stepney, Tower Hamlets. We are a Good school where the children come first. The curriculum is broad, providing both personalised and creative content and addressing the core subjects. We are keen to continue pursuing new, fun and innovative ways to help our children to love learning and enjoy their time at School.
• a friendly and supportive ethos which celebrates the multicultural and inclusive nature of our school;
• an enthusiastic and inquisitive group of children who enjoy learning and display good behaviour;
• an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and dedicated staff team;
• a rich mix of families, who strongly support the school;
• an exciting school environment, both inside and out, with high quality resources;
• an effective governing body, who positively support and challenge the school;
• high standards of learning and teaching;
• a commitment to creative approaches to the curriculum, with exciting cross-curricular learning opportunities;
• a commitment to learning through play in the EYFS;
• strong links with other local schools and the Local Authority.
Arranging a visit to Cayley Primary School
Due to Covid-19 restrictions a virtual visit and conversation with the current Headteacher can be arranged by contacting Nancy Gray on 0207 790 1490 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits will resume when Covid restrictions allow and are strongly encouraged for those shortlisted.
Aston Street, London, E14 7NG