Leadership Group L13 – L24 (£55,202 - £71,590)
The governors of Charlton Kings Junior School are seeking an innovative and inspirational leader who will:
• Work collaboratively with staff and governors to create and deliver a clear and dynamic strategic plan to build on and develop our school going forward
• Welcome the challenge and demonstrate strong and clear leadership, vision and determination along with compassion and emotional maturity.
• Ensure that every child is at the centre of every decision in order that they thrive, preparing them for the next stage of their education.
• Strive to continue our reputation of having pupils who are wonderful ambassadors for the school, renowned for their exemplary behaviour, politeness, kindness and confidence.
• Cultivate a motivated, caring and focused team (staff and governors) to follow a clear vision and goals and to ensure accountability, working together to do the best for our pupils.
• Create a culture of challenge, high expectations and support where all pupils can achieve success and be engaged in their own learning, supported by a curriculum appropriate to their individual needs and abilities.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to develop professionally.
• A strong and dedicated leadership and staff team.
• A fantastic school ethos where children, staff, governors and parents/carers are highly supportive.
• A committed and active governing body.
• Children who have exceptional attitudes to learning and outstanding behaviour.
• An established commitment to a broad and creative curriculum.
• Children who are confident and supportive of each other.
We actively encourage you to visit our school.
While social distancing measures are in place, we would like to offer visits and the opportunity to ask questions on an individual basis. In order to facilitate this you can contact the Chair of Governors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find our website at www.ckjs.org.uk
Information packs are available from Miss Wendy Gallagher, Governor Services, Gloucestershire County Council, Shire Hall, Westgate Street, Gloucester GL1 2TP. Tel. 01452 427802.
The closing date for applications is: Friday 10th July 2020 at noon.
Provisional interview dates, assuming social distancing allows: Monday 28th and Tuesday 29th September 2020.
Charlton Kings Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
More on how to apply
377 pupils enrolled
7 to 11
About Charlton Kings Junior School
Charlton Kings Junior School is a popular and vibrant school located in Cheltenham. The governors, staff and pupils are seeking an inspirational and talented headteacher who will bring the skills, leadership, dynamism and ambition to build on the successes of our school. This represents a very exciting opportunity for the successful applicant to bring further innovation, as well as building on a solid foundation.
We are very well supported by parents/carers and our local community with pursuit for excellence at the heart of every decision we take. Our aim is to develop our children’s individual talents to their fullest potential by providing a happy and nurturing school environment, promoting high achievement, encouraging broad interest, self-discipline, respect and care for others. Your aim should be to promote and develop the ethos and reputation of Charlton Kings Junior School and espouse its Vision of “Believe in Yourself”.
East End Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL53 8QE