Cheney School, Oxford, Oxfordshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 30 to Lead Practitioners range 36, £83,757 to £97,013|
Are you an enthusiastic, student-centred, aspirational leader who is committed to inspiring and supporting learners, staff and the wider school community to build on the successes of a large secondary school?
Our students and staff are looking for a Head of School who is an inspirational and strong leader, who is warm and considerate but is also strong and willing to stand up for the best interests of both students and staff.
About our school:
Cheney School is a popular, high-performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn and to be challenged. You can read the outcome of our most recent Ofsted inspection here: https://www.cheney.oxon.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Cheney-School-10046478-final-PDF.pdf
During the school day students are provided with a dynamic learning environment which is enriched by the talents, skills and expertise of all our staff, parents and the local community. Outside the school day, we provide a wide range of co-curricular activities including numerous sports and creative arts clubs.
What will you bring to our staff team?
• The experience and ability to lead, inspire and challenge a skilled and committed staff team to deliver outstanding outcomes for the students at Cheney School;
• Ongoing development of a challenging and supportive climate for learning where every student can achieve their true potential;
• The knowledge and skills to identify and meet diverse student needs in varied, creative and innovative ways;
• Knowledge, skills and strategies to further develop good and outstanding teaching for the benefit of all students;
• Commitment to promoting the vision and values of the school so that all feel valued as individuals and can contribute to creating a community which honours all people.
In return, we can offer you:
• A great opportunity to lead a dynamic, diverse and large secondary school;
• Students with positive attitudes to learning, who are hard-working, caring and proud to attend their school;
• The support of dedicated and caring school colleagues and a governing body committed to delivering the very best for students;
• A salary reflecting both your experience and the size of the school;
• The support of a strong and skilled administrative support team;
• Membership of a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan.
Essential educational requirements
● Undergraduate degree (essential)
● NPQH (desirable)
● Relevant Further Degree (desirable)
● Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
● A continued commitment to own professional development (essential)
● Experience as a headteacher/ deputy headteacher of a same phase school/academy (essential)
● Teaching experience within the designated age range (essential)
● Experience of child safeguarding issues and successful use of measures that promote and ensure the safeguarding of children (essential)
● Experience of more than one school/academy (desirable)
● Experience of managing multiple/complex organisations (desirable)
Salary range: L30 (£83,757) – L36 (£97,013)
|School size||1480 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Cheney School website (opens in a new window)|
About Cheney School
Cheney School is a popular, high-performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn and to be challenged. You can read the outcome of our recent Ofsted inspection here: Ofsted Report and a welcome message from our Head of School here: Head's Welcome The school is part of the Community Schools Alliance Trust - a small MAT with one secondary school, one primary school and another due to open in September 2020. The Trust’s common vision is to improve every learner’s life chances. We are committed to continuous professional development and have wide-ranging training and development opportunities. We are also mindful of the competing demands people face in their lives so are happy to consider part-time applications.
Cheney Lane, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 7QH