- Job role
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, job share
- Contract type
Following the promotion of our excellent Headteacher, we are searching for an outstanding leader for our forward-thinking and supportive school family, and to build upon the school’s drive for ambitious academic achievement.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
• Ensures the whole child is at the heart of everything we do.
• Understands the importance of nurture and pastoral support.
• Is reflective and will foster distributive leadership at all levels.
• Demonstrates a growth mindset, and has the drive, energy and passion to lead and inspire our school in a warm and caring manner.
• Can lead our school forward, leveraging the benefit of technology and new ways of working, whilst maintaining the core values and vision of the school.
• Is committed to inclusion in all its aspects.
• Has excellent communication skills, with an ability to enhance effective community engagement.
• Can effectively oversee the day-to-day strategic management of safeguarding, health & safety, staffing and finance.
We can provide you with the opportunity to:
• Lead a passionate, fun and talented group of staff who have risen proactively and creatively to the challenges of the pandemic.
• Lead a school with enthusiastic children who are keen to learn and share their experiences.
• Work with committed governors and a community of parents and guardians who are supportive of the school.
•Build upon the foundations that the school has created in collaborating with local schools.
•Work in a culture that values innovative and exciting curriculum development.
Our children would like a Headteacher who:
• Is a good speaker, who tells good stories and interacts with them
• Is happy, kind and follows our 3Bs (Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Safe)
• Will carry on with the themed projects we have experienced under the creative curriculum
For the right candidate we are prepared to consider alternative models of headship.
Applying for the job
A full application pack can be downloaded from our website.
Applications should be submitted using the standard Oxfordshire County Council application form to: firstname.lastname@example.orgMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 278 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Chilton County Primary School
Chilton Primary School is a modern purpose-built, well-resourced school in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty at the foot of the Berkshire Downs, adjacent to the Harwell Campus (a world-class science, innovation, technology and business campus). We are a 1.5 form entry school that is at the heart of a growing and diverse community. Our approach and commitment to encouraging every child to achieve their full potential in both learning and social development, reflects our school motto “Learn with Passion to Live with Purpose”. This appointment is an exciting opportunity for the right Headteacher to work with the governing board to lead our amazing school.
Arranging a visit to Chilton County Primary School
An informal visit is warmly welcomed. Please contact the school to arrange.