We are keen to appoint an inspirational Head Teacher and dynamic leader with a proven track record to build on the school’s strengths and take it to the next stage of its development and beyond.
Our current Head Teacher is retiring, and this position offers an exciting opportunity for the right person to continue to lead a strong and successful leadership team and staffing body.
We are a genuine school community, with a strong and passionate team of people who are fully committed to our ethos and aspirations.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate that they share such values, have a track record of strong leadership and evidence of impact. They will be an outstanding practitioner, have excellent social skills and demonstrate the ability to work creatively, innovatively and when required, under pressure. They will be passionate about education and young people, they will be committed to working with and developing others, including staff and students alike.
Churchill Community College is an inclusive school, in which students are supported to thrive and succeed.
The post offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and committed individual who has demonstrated that they;
• are an inspirational teacher and leader
• have a track record of raising achievement
• have vision, enthusiasm and creativity
• can lead by example and work as part of thriving school community
• Can inspire, motivate and develop others
The success of our school is built on the foundation of strong relationships and an ethos of support and care that underpins all that we do. The successful applicant will demonstrate such values and make an outstanding contribution to our school community.
Visits to our school are encouraged and dates for visits are scheduled for the following times;
Wednesday 22nd January 2pm- 4pm
Friday 24th January 2pm- 4pm.
Please confirm your attendance in advance, with Heather Bell, on 0191 2347227
Closing date for applications is Friday 31st January 2020
Shortlisting date – Wednesday 5th February 2020
Interviews – Wednesday 12th February and Thursday 13th February 2020
Further details about our school are available on our school website.
Essential educational requirements
Higher qualification in education and/or management
Achieved or working towards NPQH
Essential skills and experience
• Proven experience at senior leadership level
• Proven track record of raising educational standards
• Capacity to recognise and build on the considerable successes of the school and formulate a vision for innovation and improvement
• Sound knowledge of current and future educational developments
• Experience of successfully leading change and inspiring others
• Evidence of leading strategic developments with successful implementation
• An understanding of, a commitment to and an empathy with young people that guides them toward academic, spiritual, moral, cultural and social development
• Ability to lead and inspire high quality teaching and learning.
• Ability to inspire, demonstrate and support the highest of expectations for all
• Commitment to include and make a difference for every child
Full Person Spec and Job Description on school website
Access to CPD and iPAD
About Churchill Community College
Churchill Community College is a dynamic, exciting place to work with many opportunities available for staff and students. We have been designated a National Teaching and Support School by the DfE and we also lead the ‘The Great North Maths Hub’ for the North of England alongside the North Tyneside Learning Trust. Our work as a teaching school has developed rapidly this year and we have recently been awarded a bid of over £400,000 to support the development of oracy skills in schools north of the Tyne. We have provided a very significant level of support at leadership team level and in teaching and learning to another local secondary school at the request of the local authority. We are one of two lead schools for the Northumbria University PE SCITT and work closely on ITT provision with Durham University, Sunderland and Newcastle too; as well as supporting Schools Direct provision. This work is all evidence of our continuing commitment to high quality professional development for those who work in education. Our most recent OfSTED Inspection in March 2019 graded us as Good across all areas. We are very proud of the outcome of the report because it reflects the years of hard work and commitment by our staff to build the quality of provision it evidences.
- Churchill Street, Wallsend, Tyne and Wear, NE28 7TN
- LA Maintained School
- Churchill Community College website (opens in a new window)