5 days remaining to apply
Start date details
26 March 2023 at 11:59pm
8 March 2023
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Standard full time hours.
- L23-30 (£77,455-91,947)
What skills and experience we're looking for
The Danesgate Community - a special place requires an exceptional leader
The Danesgate Community is a thriving community school located in York serving pupils aged 5 to 16 who have no mainstream school place within the City of York and the outlying area. All the pupils who attend here have additional needs.
Following the natural progression of our current incumbent, this is an exciting opportunity for a Headteacher or aspiring Deputy Headteacher who is committed to providing a first-class education for pupils, many of whom start their lives a long way behind the starting line.
We are looking for an outstanding educator and leader to lead our successful school and who can combine compassion with resilience, lead with integrity and help us on our journey to be an outstanding provider. With a meticulous eye for detail, you must be able to support the diverse needs of pupils and the provision that each individual requires, whilst maintaining the ability to balance budgetary constraints.
The children, parents, staff and governors are looking for a new headteacher who will:
- Hold excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for inclusive education
- Lead, motivate and inspire confidence in others
- Be a strategic and principled thinker with the vision and ability to follow-through objectives to completion
- Have a collaborative approach to leadership and management across a variety of stakeholders
- Have significant knowledge and expertise on providing effective educational provision for a wide range of SEND needs including SEMH/ ASD and specific learning difficulties
What the school offers its staff
In return, we can offer you:
- A thriving school community, with happy staff and pupils
- A supportive Governing Body, dedicated and experienced staff and the freedom to shape the future of our school.
- An enriching and accessible location with benefit from excellent connectivity with easy access to the A64 and A1(M) as well as excellent mainline rail connections from nearby York.
Further details about the role
For an informal, confidential conversation about the role please call Helen Poole on 07890 055186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Helen has been engaged to support us with recruitment to this key role.
The Application Process
If you wish to apply for this post, then please visit our dedicated recruitment microsite for further information and the application form.
Visits are invited; to arrange a visit by appointment only please contact Melanie Shepherd.
Application closing date: Midnight, Sunday 26th March 2023
Shortlisting: Tuesday 4th April 2023
Interviews: Wednesday 19th and Thursday 20th April 2023
The supporting information section of your application should clearly evidence your ability to meet the requirements and key competencies we have outlined in the person specification. This will be used to shortlist applicants for this role and therefore it is imperative that you provide evidence as requested.
When completing your application, please provide two employment references. Please note an Enhanced Level DBS Disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Danesgate Community
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 5 to 16
- School size
- 154 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Danesgate Community website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Danesgate Community
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Normanton Common Primary Academy
Castleford Road, Normanton, West Yorkshire, WF6 1QU
South Cave Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
Church Street, Brough, HU15 2EP
New Park Primary Academy
Skipton Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1 3HF
North Yorkshire local authority
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in York and North Riding Of Yorkshire