- £70,742 - £81,937 per year
Headteacher job summaryHeadteacher
We are delighted to be offering an exciting opportunity for a highly committed passionate school leader to join the Wildern Academy Trust in our brand new secondary school. For the right candidate this is a unique chance to make their own mark on a brand new school in the heart of a new community. This is an exciting opening for an inspirational leader to drive and shape our new school working closely with the Executive Headteacher, Directors of the Trust and staff.
Deer Park is part of the Wildern Academy Trust and is located in close proximity to the existing Wildern cluster, which already has strong and established relationships with Wildern School and Boorley Park Primary School. The Trust is committed to serving the local community. The local community has been a key driver in the establishment of the Trust and we are delighted to provide a new secondary school in the area to meet basic need and add even further value and provision based on high quality teaching and learning.
The key features of our vision are that:
• ‘No child left behind’; each child is at the heart of what we do.
• All learners are supported and challenged to become independent, resilient, confident and articulate individuals who are aspirational and ambitious
• Learning is personalised to stimulate each student’s enjoyment and love of learning
• A culture of rights, respect and responsibility
• An ethos that is inclusive, where each individual is valued and there is a focus on well-being and achievement
• High quality professional learning for staff, developing strong and sustainable partnerships where innovative practice is jointly developed and linked to educational research and high quality teaching and learning.
• Clear lines of accountability, underpinned by strong management systems
• Outstanding leadership at all levels to realise the vision
Our key priorities are:
• Addressing the lack of school places due to increased population
• Building on and maintaining the excellent educational provision within the local area
• Developing further the Wildern Academy Trust’s track record of successfully contributing to school and system improvement, innovation and transformation
This is an exciting opportunity for an existing Deputy Headteacher or equivalent who is an ambitious individual who can lead, inspire and motivate staff and students and who is able to further develop this new school so it is at the heart of the community. This is a full time post from September 2022; there will be an opportunity to discuss with the successful candidate and their current school a period of transition.
An information pack and application form can be found on the Deer Park School website https://www.deerparksecondary.org/joining-us/sv/ht/
Completed application forms should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by post for the attention of Mrs F Mitchell, Wildern School, Wildern Lane, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 4EJ.
Wildern Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) along with other relevant employment checks.
This job post has expired.
About Deer Park School
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 124 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
Deer Park School is a new seven-form entry secondary school which opened in September 2021 initially with four forms of Year 7 and growing to full capacity of seven forms of entry over the next seven years.
We are part of the Wildern Academy Trust which comprises of Wildern School, Deer Park Secondary School and Boorley Park Primary School.
This is an exciting time for the trust and all colleagues joining us.