Dorchester Primary School, Worcester Park, Surrey
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£70,445 to £80,272|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an energetic and inspiring Headteacher to lead Dorchester Primary School. The current Head is retiring after 33 years of teaching and we are seeking a successor who will build on the school’s existing high standards whilst bringing to the role their own leadership experience, skills, ideas and commitment to excellence.
Essential educational requirements
Educated to at least degree level.
Qualified teacher status.
Essential skills and experience
1. A successful leadership and management role in education across a complex structure or organisation.
2. At least six years’ experience as a classroom teacher at primary level including working/supporting children at Nursery through to the end of KS2, and with children who have special educational needs.
3. Developed effective relationships with children, parents and wider community.
4. Effective team management experience and use of distributive leadership.
5. Planned and implemented school improvement to enhance outcomes.
6. Managed curriculum to ensure breadth, inclusion and access for all.
7. Managed performance, formally and informally, to promote staff development and school improvement.
8. Managed change or introduced and managed a new initiative.
9. Demonstrate ability to plan strategically and to lead, motivate develop and inspire staff to manage change and support whole school improvement.
The school is part of the Sutton Education Trust and Sutton Primary Heads Group.
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||628 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Dorchester Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About Dorchester Primary School
Dorchester Primary School is a three-form entry school in South London.
Dorchester Road, Worcester Park, Surrey, KT4 8PG