- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Leadership (L15 - L21*) £59,581 - £69,031
Headteacher job summary
Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher, we are looking for a new Head to take us in to our new chapter, to build on the strength of our school story so far and to continue our journey.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has vision to lead the school from good to outstanding
• Has strong leadership and management skills
• Has the ability to lead and inspire staff
• Will help children enjoy their learning while realising their full potential.
• Has high expectations for children’s achievement and behaviour
We can offer:
• Friendly and caring children who are keen to learn
• A supportive and active governing body
• A dedicated and committed teaching and support staff
• Supportive pastoral care for both staff and children
If you have the enthusiasm and vision to make our highly regarded school even better we would welcome your application. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed please contact Sarah Chadwick, Headteacher on 01246 825650 to arrange.
Applying for the job
Candidates should submit applications online on a DCC Teacher Application Form, together with a supporting statement letter matching their skills and experience to the headings in the Job Description and Person Specification. The letter should be no longer than 1500 words (please include word count). CVs should not be attached.
If preferred, postal application forms are available from Call Derbyshire on 01629 533190, quoting the job reference number attached to this post. Completed applications should be sent to Derbyshire County Council, Recruitment Section, County Hall, Matlock, Derbyshire DE4 3AG, allowing sufficient delivery time to meet the deadline for applications.
In order to comply with the safer recruitment requirements candidates must fully complete the application form including the section on references. It is not acceptable to substitute parts of the form with your own version. All gaps in employment should be accounted for and explained.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Duckmanton Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 2 to 11
- School size
- 199 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
At Duckmanton Primary School we all work together to provide a supportive, stimulating, and happy learning environment for the children.
We value the members of our community and all aspects of achievement are celebrated. We can only achieve the best for our pupils if we continue to develop our partnership with families, Governors, and the wider community. We value highly the support we receive from home.
Arranging a visit to Duckmanton Primary School
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed please contact Sarah Chadwick, Headteacher on 01246 825650 to arrange.