Are you looking for a great opportunity to progress your leadership career in a church school context? This could be the role you are looking for. Our wonderful Headteacher is moving on to take up a different role within the Trust, so we are looking to find an equally wonderful replacement for her.
Dunbury is a delightful school, occupying two sites in the villages of Winterborne Whitechurch and Winterborne Kingston, just to the south of Blandford Forum. You will find out much more about us on our website. The school belongs to the Forum Hub of the Diocese of Salisbury Academy Trust, an inspiring and stimulating group of 6 local schools who collaborate together for the good of children across the area. Please read the attachment written by one of our local Headteachers.
If you are determined, innovative, passionate about leading learning and securing the very best opportunities for children, especially the most disadvantaged, then we would love to hear from you. The letter from the children that you will find here, makes very clear what they are looking for in their new Headteacher - 'someone who is kind, respectful and lives our vision and values...enthusiastic about our learning; who doesn't tell us what to do but helps us to make small steps so that we fly high'.
Do you have the skills and attributes to lead and inspire a team?
Can you commit to being part of a journey to secure on-going excellent outcomes for our young people?
As a Trust, we genuinely value each of our leaders for the gifts they bring to our schools. We provide guidance for developing a flourishing church school, strong academy improvement support, collaborative professional learning opportunities, and a range of other support services to ensure you can focus on the things that make the biggest difference for our children.
We are looking for someone who:
· Has a dynamic vision for the education of all children in a church school context
· Will value the opportunity to enable everyone to flourish within our Christian values
· Has a proven track record of excellent teaching and learning
· Has a wide, current knowledge and understanding of education and curriculum development
· Is an innovator who can lead by example
· Has a desire and commitment to raising standards for every child
· Has excellent interpersonal skills and who wishes to build positive working relationships within our school and community
· Is creative and can embrace change
· Has energy, enthusiasm and passion
· Is able to show reflectiveness and persistence when dealing with complexity
· Places safeguarding at the heart of the school
· Genuinely wants to be part of our future
We can offer:
· A good school with so many strenghts (Ofsted January 2023)
· A flourishing church school (SIAMS January 2018)
· Young people who want to thrive
· A team of staff who will value the inspiration you can bring
· A collaborative desire to be the very best we can be
· Opportunities for professional learning
· A governing body that works hard for the school, providing support and appropriate challenge
· A strong and supportive parent body
· A Trust that offers many opportunities for working together and for collaboration, where you are never alone - see the Trust website for further information.
Holly Doswell, our current Headteacher, wanted us to share the following words with you:
"Being a Headteacher in DSAT means to me belonging and never feeling alone. From the start, which are daunting times, I felt welcomed by my fellow Headteachers and fully supported by the DSAT team. DSAT go above and beyond for all of God’s children and live this value for their staff. No question has ever felt too trivial to ask or too big to confront with the Trust fully behind you for both.
Relationships are the corner stone of the support we receive. The authentic challenge I have received has pushed us to become a successful school with much to share and celebrate with others. The Trust works on a model of building capacity and has the knowledge, people and systems in place, which enable us in our schools to build our teams as well as to reach out, learn, collaborate and build each other across the schools in DSAT. As a result, my knowledge and personal growth has been rapid and exciting.
As in any role, there are days of challenge and I have been grateful to have worked in a Trust where asking for help is seen as a value and strength and support is generously given with the space needed to enable you to see the way through.
‘It is lonely at the top’, is not an experience you will find as a Headteacher in DSAT."
If you are interested in this position and would like to have a more detailed conversation with our Chief Executive or Deputy Chief Executive, please contact Nicki Summerill as below. You are very welcome to visit Dunbury CE Academy - please contact the school on 01258 880501 to arrange this.
All applicants will be notified of shortlisting decisions by email. References for shortlisted candidates will normally be requested before interviews.
The Diocese of Salisbury Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
This job post has expired.