Invictus Education Trust are recruiting for a Headteacher at Ellowes Hall Sports College
To commence January 2023 or sooner
Invictus Education Trust are looking to recruit an inspirational Headteacher with a proven track record of delivering high standards in educational achievement for students. We are looking for a highly motivated school leader who has the vision and tenacity to drive the school improvement agenda forward, engaging students, staff and the community during the next stage of this schools journey.
Invictus Education Trust is a Multi Academy Trust comprising of six secondary schools and one primary school with over 750 employees and over 5,500 students, based in Dudley and South Staffordshire. We are relentless in ensuring that all of our schools are able to provide the very best experiences for the students, families and communities in which we serve, and actively support our Headteachers to do so.
Invictus Education Trust’s central team’s infrastructure supports operational delivery, enabling the Headteacher to focus on education and developing outstanding teaching and learning.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Is a highly effective and successful leader with drive, ambition, high expectation and the skills to inspire the very highest expectations for all students and staff
- Is completely committed to the development of both students and staff
- Is committed to working collaboratively with the CEO, fellow Headteachers in the Trust, and the Central Team
- Is comfortable with accountability
- Will ensure consistently effective teaching and high impact intervention strategies
- Will design appropriate curriculum plans
- Will provide a stimulating learning environment
In return we can offer:
- An exciting opportunity to be part of the growth and development of Invictus Education Trust
- A receptiveness to new ideas and innovations that promote and extend learning at all levels
- An environment where collaboration is key to our success
- Teachers terms and conditions
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Visits to the school are welcome. Please contact Amy Buttery, PA to CEO on 01384 686510 or firstname.lastname@example.org arrange an appointment.
Closing date: Monday 26th September 2022, 12 noon
Shortlisting date: Monday 26th September 2022
Day 1: Wednesday 28th September 2022
Day 2: Thursday 29th September 2022
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
We are deeply committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and expect all Staff and Volunteers to share this commitment. All necessary Safeguarding checks will be undertaken which must have satisfactory outcomes, otherwise the conditional job offer may be withdrawn. Details of the checks that will be undertake can be found at:
This role has been assessed as working in regulated activity and is subject to an Enhanced DBS plus Children’s Barred List Check.
It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020).This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website:
Positions at the school are exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to a post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). DBS Filtering guidance can be found on the GOV.UK website.
We are committed to ensuring that throughout our recruitment and selection processes no applicant is disadvantaged or discriminated against because of the nine protected characteristics under the Equality Act (2010).
This job post has expired.