Leadership 18 - 24 (Outer London)
The Governing Body of Elmwood Infant School and Nursery are looking to appoint a motivated, inspirational and highly effective Headteacher. The ideal candidate will be committed to the social, emotional and academic development of children and have the enthusiasm, passion and drive to continue to make Elmwood Infant and Nursery School the best that it can be. The successful candidate will have school leadership experience and be ready to develop their skills further. They must enjoy working around children, be an exceptional team player and team leader with a flexible and innovative approach. They will possess the ability to balance the management of inherent challenges in line with the culture of the school and maintain a personal approach.
Applying for the job
We are looking for a dynamic individual who:
· Shares the values of our school, is culturally proficient and able to respond appropriately to the needs of our school’s diverse community.
· Can demonstrate proven successful experience of senior leadership.
· Encourages and supports everyone in our school community to be the best that they can be.
· Is committed to school improvement.
· Can lead and support staff, pupils and parents towards implementation of a strategic plan.
· Has highly developed communication skills, including a commitment to pupil and parent voices.
· Can create, build and maintain trusting relationships with the governing board and other stakeholders, including staff, parents and children.
· Has strong interpersonal skills to lead a fantastic team, considering motivation and wellbeing.
· Can reflect constructively and focus on how to improve your own development as well as that of your team.
· Has knowledge of strategic and financial planning.
Having read the job description and person specification, if you feel that you have the knowledge, skills and attributes needed to take this opportunity and join our wonderful community, we look forward to hearing from you. Applications for working flexibly will be considered.
Please ensure that you include a supporting statement, no longer than 2 pages of A4 which relates to the person specification and explains why you think that you would be suited to the position of Headteacher at Elmwood Infant School and Nursery. In line with our safer recruitment process, please note that CVs will not be accepted.
The completed application form, supporting statement, disclosure form and equality monitoring form should be returned for the attention of Janet Standen at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12.00 pm midday on 19th April 2021. Interviews are scheduled to take place on 23rd and 26th April 2021.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
404 pupils enrolled
3 to 7
About Elmwood Infant School
Elmwood Infant and Nursery School is a large, four-form entry school with a 52-place nursery. We are located a short walk away from the centre of Croydon and serve a diverse community, with over 50 different languages spoken by our children, families and staff. Children’s rights are an integral part of our curriculum and we are very proud of the fact that we are a UNICEF Gold Rights Respecting School. Our team and stakeholders recognise the individuality of each child and we were awarded the Jo Cox Memorial Award in 2017 for our work on inclusion and equality. We have a highly experienced, long-standing and stable team of staff and governors, with parents and carers who are very appreciative of the school and its commitment to community cohesion.
Arranging a visit to Elmwood Infant School
Please contact the School Business Manager, Janet Standen, by emailing email@example.com or calling the school on 0208 689 7681 if you have any questions or would like to arrange an appointment to discuss the position with Zoe Harris, the current Headteacher.
Please visit our school website at www.elmwood-inf.croydon.sch.uk to view our virtual tour of the school.