- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- L7 to L13 (£49,019 - £56,721)
The Governing Body of Gamston CofE (Aided) Primary School have an exciting opportunity for a new headteacher to lead our well-regarded school and to build upon our existing strong foundations to develop the school even further.
We are looking for someone to start at the beginning of the summer term 2022 who can build on the work of the current headteacher and provide children with an exceptionally high-quality educational experience. If this sounds like your next step, you will need to be someone who:
• Inspires colleagues to be the very best that they can be,
• Values, promotes and celebrates our core Christian values in all that you do, and can articulate your own personal Christian faith,
• Provides expertise in primary practice and curriculum development,
• Is passionate about education and has children at the heart of all your work,
• Works with resilience, determination, integrity and courage,
• Brings a commitment to setting and meeting high expectations,
• Recognises the existing strengths of the school as well as areas for development,
• Has a strong commitment to inclusion, equality and diversity,
• Understands and embraces the challenges of working in small schools, with mixed year-group classes,
• Develops and nurtures positive relationships with pupils, staff, governors and the wider school community.
In return, we will offer you:
• Responsive pupils who enjoy coming to school, are well-behaved and eager to learn,
• Support from the Diocese,
• An experienced and outward looking Governing Body,
• A successful school with potential for further development,
• An environment where you can work in partnership with pupils, staff, governors, the local and wider community to encourage children to strive for excellence and aim high, laying the foundations for life-long learning.
Applying for the job
Application forms and further details are available from Nottinghamshire County Council Governor Services by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 0115 804 4666.
The closing date for applications is noon on Wednesday 26th January 2022. Shortlisting will take place on Friday 28th January, 2022 and interviews are planned for Tuesday 8th February and Wednesday 9th February.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 105 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Gamston CofE (Aided) Primary School
We are a small and friendly school with high standards, and our school motto of “Be the best you can be” encapsulates the high expectations we have of everyone in our school community. Our popular school serves villages south of the market town of Retford and includes nursery provision which opened in 2018. Built in 2005, its rural setting allows our children to experience learning in a modern building with extensive outdoor facilities.
Gamston is a very happy school. The children are keen to learn and love the opportunities that the staff provide them with. The opportunity to make a real difference to the children and their life-chances awaits the right candidate.
Arranging a visit to Gamston CofE (Aided) Primary School
Visits to our school are encouraged; please call the school office on 01777 838631 or email email@example.com to make an appointment.