The Governing Board at Gayton Junior School are looking to appoint a Headteacher for September 2020.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an inspirational individual with proven leadership abilities.
• Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and learning.
• Build on our culture where all individuals are encouraged to be the best that they can be.
• Help children enjoy their learning whilst raising their aspirations.
• Further develop the collaborative relationship with the neighbouring infant school.
We can offer:
• Caring, responsible and motivated children who are keen to learn.
• Dedicated, enthusiastic, hardworking staff and Governing Board.
• A thriving school, where a high value is placed on the care and well-being of every pupil.
We welcome visits and would encourage applicants to contact Mrs Juliet Hardisty, School Business Manager, to arrange a visit on either Thursday 27th or Friday 28th February. Please call 01332 760372 or email email@example.com to make an appointment.
Interview Dates: Wednesday 18th & Thursday 19th March
Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children will be reflected throughout the recruitment process and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status (Essential)
DfE recognised qualified teacher status (Essential)
Evidence of recent continuing professional development (Essential)
National Professional Qualification for Headship (Desirable)
Essential skills and experience
Minimum of two years successful experience as a Headteacher or a Deputy Headteacher
Successful experience of raising attainment and progress in a whole school environment
Successful teaching of pupils in KS2 phase
Planning, determining and organising major curriculum areas
Successful experience of managing change in an organisation
About Gayton Junior School
- Gayton Junior School, Derby, Derbyshire, DE23 1GA
- LA Maintained School
- Gayton Junior School website (opens in a new window)