The Board of Governors of Harlands Primary School and Nursery wish to appoint an inspirational and successful leader who will bring to fruition the school’s ambitious vision of learning and achievement for everyone in our community – because we believe that our children and staff deserve the very best.
The governors are seeking a headteacher who will:
• Provide inspirational and purposeful leadership – embracing the school’s vision, values and ethos – resulting in high levels of achievement and development for all.
• Promote and develop excellent standards of teaching and learning so that the school provides a high quality of education for every pupil.
• Manage the school’s resources effectively and cultivate a safe environment that secures and promotes a learning community in which all members can thrive and realise their potential.
The children and staff would like a headteacher who:
• Is passionate about teaching and learning.
• Makes sure that all children are challenged at the right level.
• Is kind and fair, showing respect and encouraging others to be respectful.
• Works collaboratively, as a member of a team, within the school and with our local partners.
• Supports the school’s inclusive and nurturing approach to the wellbeing of children and staff.
The headteacher will have the privilege and satisfaction of:
• Leading a highly motivated and dedicated team of staff.
• Inspiring a lifelong love of learning in our wonderful children.
• Shaping the practice within the school from nursery to the end of key stage 2.
• Participating in and leading our vibrant local partnership of schools.
Essential educational requirements
DfE recognised teaching qualification
Essential skills and experience
• A strong record of successful teaching in at least two schools of a similar phase, covering EYFS, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
• Successful whole-school leadership experience, for at least 3 years, as a headteacher, head of school or deputy headteacher in a primary school.
• Evidence of continuing professional development including recent development of leadership and management skills (for example: NPQH, Masters degree or similar)
• The ability to effectively evaluate the quality of teaching and learning, taking effective action to bring about improvements.
• Experience of leading whole school change effectively
• Experience of leading, empowering and developing successful teams
• A commitment to working in partnership with other schools, contributing to and benefiting from school to school support systems.
About Harlands Primary School
- Mallard Drive, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22 5PW
- LA Maintained School
- Harlands Primary School website (opens in a new window)