Salary range: L15 to L21 (£67,556 to £77,011). Salary range will rise to reflect growth in roll. Group 2 (rising to Grp 3) school - NOR - 280 (rising to 350+)
We are looking to appoint an inspirational leader to build on the strengths of the school and to make sure that we continue to achieve the best outcomes for every child going forward, drawing on the expertise of all its community members. We are seeking an outward looking leader who will continue to promote innovation and a progressive approach to learning and teaching.
Applying for the job
To apply, please complete the Hermitage Application Form and return your application to email@example.com
Local authority maintained school
279 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Hermitage Primary School
Hermitage is a vibrant, diverse and welcoming primary school located near St Katharine’s Dock in Wapping, judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2014 and 2018. Our children come from a wide variety of backgrounds, reflecting the borough’s cultural and economic diversity. Using a child-centred approach, we aim to ensure that every child reaches their highest possible level of achievement in a stimulating learning environment where they are happy, safe, enjoy coming to school and enjoy their learning. The choice not to have a uniform and the use of first names throughout Hermitage embodies our view of relationships being mutual, not hierarchical. Hermitage has a strong local reputation for its inclusive practice and SEND provision. We are passionate about equalities, identity and diversity.
Tower Hamlets Local Authority recently selected Hermitage to become the first mainstream primary school in the borough with a dedicated Alternative Resource Provision for high functioning autistic children. The ARP will provide additional support for 12 children. This will enable Hermitage to offer a unique combined mainstream curriculum with specialist smaller group sessions run by highly trained staff in a well-resourced unit. The new Headteacher post will oversee the development of the ARP and support the SENCO in this vital provision for the Tower Hamlets community.
The Local Authority have also confirmed their intention to expand the school to two forms of entry, reducing the need for mixed age classes, in line with Local Authority Policy.
• fantastic children, confident, happy and well behaved
• a friendly and supportive ethos which celebrates its multicultural and inclusive nature
• a team of dynamic and dedicated teachers, who respond well to positive, distributive
leadership and who are keen to maintain a culture of improvement
• high standards of learning and teaching
• a commitment to extra-curriculum provision involving the creative arts and physical
• a strong and supportive governing body and Local Authority
Arranging a visit to Hermitage Primary School
Due to Covid-19 restrictions and procedures:
• a virtual visit is available at https://www.hermitage.towerhamlets.sch.uk/Virtual-School-Tour/
• a conversation can be arranged with the current Headteacher by contacting Hermitage’s Office Manager, Tanya Matin by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• visits will resume when Covid-19 restrictions allow and are strongly encouraged for those shortlisted.
If you have any questions or would like to have an informal chat with our recruitment adviser, please call Andrew Best on 07917 080201.
Vaughan Way, London, E1W 2PT