|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||L6 - L12 (£46,457 - £53,856)|
Due to the retirement of our current headteacher, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a forward-thinking and creative headteacher to lead Hockliffe Lower School on the next stage of its journey.
Are you passionate about ensuring the very best outcomes for pupils and able to shape the future development of our unique school?
Hockliffe Lower School is situated at the heart of our village community, but benefits from excellent links to nearby Leighton Buzzard and Milton Keynes and with easy access to the M1. There is a proposal for schools in the area to convert from a three to two-tier model during the next few years; this will be a great opportunity for the successful candidate to lead Hockliffe Lower and its community on this exciting journey and shape the future of our school.
Our new headteacher will:
• Be warm, welcoming and caring
• Have a desire to maintain and build upon the schools vision and values and its caring and nurturing ethos with the welfare of children and staff at the heart of everything that we do
• Be committed to ensuring the best possible outcomes for all learners
• Be able to robustly monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the school taking a rigorous approach in identifying pupil achievement gaps and creative ways to address them
• Have the highest aspirations for children and staff and be fully committed to high quality professional development
• Have a proven track record of excellent classroom practice and the ability to recognise and develop high quality teaching and learning
• Have a proven track record of successful strategic leadership in a number of key areas
• Have a willingness to be a visible, positive and approachable presence around the school community
• Be resilient and clear headed and able to make sound and consistent judgements when challenges arise
• Have the energy and creativity to drive the school forward
In return we can offer you:
• A warm, welcoming and positive school with delightful children who love learning
• A supportive, pro-active and effective governing body
• Supportive parents and a dedicated PTA
• The benefits of working as part of a collaborative network of schools in the area
• A dedicated, talented and hard-working staff who are highly motivated to provide our children with stimulating, challenging and memorable learning experiences
• A commitment to your continued professional development
Hockliffe Lower School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to satisfactory references,an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, a Section 128 check, as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2020).
We look forward to receiving your application.
Applying for the job
Please contact the school via email on firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
- HT HOCKLIFFE LOWER SCHOOL Application Pack .pdf  0.67 MB
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||54 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 9|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Hockliffe Lower School website (opens in a new window)|
About Hockliffe Lower School
A small rural school in the village of Hockliffe, Bedfordshire.
Arranging a visit to Hockliffe Lower School
Please contact the school office on 01525 210330 to arrange a visit.
Woburn Road, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, LU7 9LL