7 days remaining to apply
Start date details
9 June 2023 at 5pm
22 May 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - 1.0 FTE
- Group 1 (L12– L19)
What skills and experience we're looking for
The children, staff, parents
and Governors of John Wilkinson Primary School & Nursery are seeking to
appoint an inspiring, highly effective, enthusiastic, committed and experienced
leader with a proven history to see all children reach their full potential.
You will be an experienced Headteacher looking for a new challenge or an
established deputy Headteacher with demonstrable capacity and willingness to
enhance every aspect of the school.
We are looking for a Headteacher:
- To provide dynamic and professional leadership.
- To inspire, challenge, motivate and empower all members of the school community to carry the vision forward.
- To manage the school’s resources effectively and cultivate a safe environment that secures and promotes the highest achievement of both pupils and staff.
- Take the lead role on working with the Governing Body to ensure the school vision, which embraces excellence, high standards and inclusion is clearly articulated, shared, understood and acted upon effectively by all;
- Secure excellent teaching to achieve high standards of learning and attainment across the primary phase;
- Support all staff to achieve high standards and promote a collaborative learning culture within the school;
- Ensure inclusion, diversity and access; open, fair, equitable culture where alternative perspectives are considered;
- Ensure safeguarding is robust in all aspects including GDPR, prevent, child protection and health and safety
- Develop and sustain effective relationships with the Governing Body, and the Chair of Governors in particular, to ensure effective governance of the school;
- Build/develop and maintain effective relationships with all members of the school and wider community to enhance the education of all pupils;
- Carry out any other such duties as the Governors may reasonably direct.
What the school offers its staff
We can offer you:
- A welcoming, friendly and efficient environment, with a committed, experienced, talented and dedicated team.
- A rural school in great surroundings where you get to know and engage with each and every pupil and staff member directly.
- Dedicated Governors who will support and challenge you.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About John Wilkinson Primary School and Nursery
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 2 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 218 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01952 882950
Arranging a visit to John Wilkinson Primary School and Nursery
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
St Michael's Catholic Primary Academy and Nursery
Telford Gardens, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV3 7LE
Head Teacher - Bewdley Primary School
Bewdley Primary School
Stourport Road, Bewdley, Worcestershire, DY12 1BL
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin