L7 - L13 (£49,019 - £56,721)
For September 2021 or January 2022
Kirtlington School is a small village school in Oxfordshire, passionate about inspiring our children, with a warm and friendly environment. Graded 'Good' in our most recent OFSTED inspection and 'Outstanding' in SIAMS, we have a very committed and dedicated staff, with enthusiastic children who enjoy learning. In 2023 we will have been on our site for 100 years and we want to provide an outstanding education for our pupils for the next 100 years.
About the role
This is a great opportunity for someone who has energy, passion and creativity to drive innovation while leading the team, exemplifying excellent teaching practice and delivering our vision.
· A Headteacher who can excite, inspire and challenge our children to become confident, independent, lifelong learners
· A teaching head with approximately 50% (to be discussed at the interview) of their time allocated to a specific class
· A leader who is willing to guide, encourage and motivate success, but who is prepared to make tough decisions when needed
· A Headteacher who is visible, inspirational and has a collaborative approach to leadership
· Someone who is ready to share and learn with our parents, staff and governors and be a pivotal part of our school community
If you’re an existing or aspiring Headteacher who is a highly skilled practitioner and who wants to make a real difference to children's lives, then this opportunity will interest you. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
· A talented teacher with very high expectations of what can be achieved and who delivers on these expectations
· Passionate about how children learn best with a genuine belief that all children can succeed
· Ability to meet the growing needs of the school, its pupils and the curriculum
· A practitioner with a passion for the whole curriculum and up to date knowledge of best practice
· Capacity to harness the warmth and enthusiasm of the parent and wider community
· Someone confident, professional, keen to share their knowledge and understanding with others
· An innovative and inspirational leader with a passion for personal and shared ambition and looking for the best in others
· A committed governing body and talented staff, along with a proactive and collaborative parent association and parent community. Our parents recently organised a large thank you display outside school
· Excellent local surroundings which the children are often able to explore such as Kirtlington Park, Kirtlington Quarry or the newly planted community orchard
· Access to the 'forest' at the end of our playground, courtesy of Kirtlington Park, to run our Forest School activities with a trained in-school Forest School leader
Applying for the job
We are delighted that you are considering this pivotal role at an exciting time for the school, rich with opportunity. Please find attached the Headteacher candidate pack which contains further information about the school and the application details.
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves the type of work with children and young people that requires applicants to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post. All users are considered confidentially and according to the nature of the role and information disclosed.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.