- Job role
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- £61,166 - £70,745
Deer Park Primary School
Start Date: September 2022
ISR: L16 – L22
Due to the forthcoming retirement of our current Headteacher, we are looking for a new forward-thinking Head to take us in to our new chapter, to build on the strength of our school story so far and to continue our journey.
We are looking for a strong leader who:
• Can maintain excellent relationships with children, staff, parents, governors and the wider community.
• The ability to lead and inspire staff and continue to develop the strong team ethos.
• Is committed to excellence in teaching and learning.
• Will help children enjoy their learning while realising their full potential.
• Will value our children and take pride in their achievements.
We can offer:
• A friendly and happy learning environment including outdoor classrooms.
• Motivated children and dedicated staff.
• A commitment to continued professional development.
• A committed, supportive and active Governing Board.
• A happy place, where a high value is placed on the care and well-being of every pupil
Further information about our school can be found at www.deerpark.derbyshire.sch.uk
Visits to our school are welcomed and encouraged. Tours of the school are available on 13 and 20 January 2022 at 4.30pm, please call 01246 232696 to arrange.
Applying for the job
Candidates should submit applications online on a DCC Teacher Application Form, together with a supporting statement letter matching their skills and experience to the headings in the Job Description and Person Specification. The letter should be no longer than 1500 words (please include word count). CVs should not be attached.
If preferred, postal application forms are available from Call Derbyshire on 01629 533190, quoting the job reference number attached to this post. Completed applications should be sent to Derbyshire County Council, Recruitment Section, County Hall, Matlock, Derbyshire DE4 3AG, allowing sufficient delivery time to meet the deadline for applications.
In order to comply with the safer recruitment requirements candidates must fully complete the application form including the section on references. It is not acceptable to substitute parts of the form with your own version. All gaps in employment should be accounted for and explained.
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 5 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 343 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 11
About Deer Park Primary School
We are situated in a very attractive rural setting in the village of Wingerworth just 3 miles south west of Chesterfield, 8 miles from the motorway and just 2 miles from the Peak District National Park. It is an ideal place to bring up a family.
The school overlooks the park with its fishing ponds, cricket pitch, tennis courts and play park on one side and the rolling Derbyshire hills on the other. Classrooms are light and airy providing inspirational views.
Arranging a visit to Deer Park Primary School
Visits to school are welcomed and encouraged. Tours of the school are available on 13 and 20 January 2022 at 4.30pm, please call 01246 232696 to arrange.