This job expired on 22 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible
22 February 2023 at 9am
6 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Standard Teacher full time hours
- Leadership main scale L20-L27 per annum + Health Cash Plan and Benefits package
What skills and experience we're looking for
The successful candidate will be an excellent teaching practitioner with extensive experience, knowledge and a track record that demonstrates impact. You will have a proven ability to support, develop and coach others, as well as the ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities whilst maintaining the highest levels of professionalism, diplomacy and conduct.
The successful candidate will have the ability to influence and manage key stakeholders. Building on the positive relationship with the local community is a key priority, as is the ability to share and implement the strategic vision of Venturers Trust across all elements of your leadership role.
We are looking for a leader who:
- is inspired and motivated by the Trust core values, and the Academy itself
- is well grounded and inspirational with recent experience of senior leadership in secondary
- understands what it take to deliver consistently outstanding results
- has an impressive teaching and leadership career history with clear evidence of developing teams and implementing whole school strategies to improve student outcomes
- has presence and visibility with the ability to inspire, motivate and empower others whilst holding them to account
- has a proven track record of ensuring safety and welfare are fully embedded within the school culture
- has high expectations for all pupils so they develop a love of learning, curiosity, aspirations and a belief in all possibilities.
- has a detailed understanding of Quality First Teaching and can define a vision for teaching that supports staff to develop the right skills to deliver high quality teaching and learning, supported by evidence, to raise standards and deliver positive outcomes for all children.
- is passionate about the opportunities the curriculum can bring to all children.
- demonstrates behaviours consistent with the Trust’s values
- is flexible and versatile to cope with diverse needs, changing priorities and meet the needs of the Trust
What the school offers its staff
Wellbeing Health Cash Plan - A
valuable Health Cash Plan that provides cover for routine healthcare such
as dental check ups, eye tests, physiotherapy and specialist consultations.
Benefits for children of employees up to the age of 18 are included free of
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - The EAP offers cover for employees and their immediate family members residing at the same address, including children in full-time education.
Training and Development - First class training and development opportunities are provided within the Trust, including an outstanding induction programme for both early career and experienced teachers. There are also opportunities for associate staff to develop and progress within their area of expertise, this includes using the teacher apprenticeship programme to develop teaching support staff into qualified teachers.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT – At least 5 Professional Learning days per year.
HIGHER DEGREE SUPPORT FUNDING – Significant contribution to the funding of Master’s Degrees at the University of Bristol by the Trust and the University of Bristol as our sponsors.
Bicycle Purchase Loans - After having successfully passed the probationary period employees are eligible to request a Bicycle Purchase Loan up to the value of £1,000 through the ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme.
ICT Loans - A loan repayable over a two year period as part of a Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
Retail discounts – An extensive range of free goods/services and discounts available to staff.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN – The option to purchase a travel season ticket (bus or train) with an interest free loan, deducted from salary in monthly instalments over a 12 month period.
Professional introduction incentive - Payable following the successful completion of the probationary period of the new member of staff to the member of staff who made the introduction.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Montpelier High School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 935 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Montpelier High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Colston’s Girls’ School is one of the finest schools for girls in Bristol. We accept girls of all talents and abilities and pride ourselves on being culturally diverse, welcoming students of all faiths and backgrounds.
Similar jobs nearby
Assistant Headteacher - Digital Strategy and Technology Innovation
Stroud High School
Beards Lane, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL5 4HF
Voyage Learning Campus
Unit 1, Crown Works, Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset, BS24 9AX
Associate Assistant Headteacher Maths & Numeracy (L7 – 12)
Springfield Road, Westbury, Wiltshire, BA13 3QH
Assistant Head - Safeguarding and Welfare Lead
Montpelier High School
Cheltenham Road, Bristol, BS6 5RD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bristol