Nonsuch High School for Girls (NHSG) is a large, highly successful girls’ school which is part of the Girls’ Learning Trust (GLT). It aims to empower girls and young women by delivering a first-class education and providing an inspirational start to their futures.
Each school in the GLT is encouraged to develop its own special identity, so its headteachers have a substantial degree of autonomy to be leaders and shapers of their school’s ethos whilst also being part of the GLT’s professionally collaborative executive team.
Nonsuch High School for Girls is seeking to appoint a headteacher who has energy, passion and integrity to lead the school into its next phase.
Our ideal candidate will
- Be the ‘standard bearer’ for the vision, values and ethos of Nonsuch High School for Girls
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, underpinned by effective systems and high professional standards, in order to attain excellence in every aspect of the school’s provision
- Possess strong intellectual abilities, first class strategic and communication skills, and a substantial background in senior leadership
- Thrive on both the autonomy of headship and being a member of the executive group, which supports the trustees in the future strategic development of the Girls’ Learning Trust.
We will provide you with:
- Inspiring students - the very best ambassadors and advocates for their school
- An outstanding senior leadership team who will give unstinting support
- A highly qualified, skilled and committed staff team who work extremely hard for their students and who are proud to teach at Nonsuch High School for Girls
- A talented Governing Body and Trust Board to plan strategically for school improvement whilst allowing you operational autonomy
- A commitment to staff well-being and professional development.
Key Application Dates:
We warmly welcome prospective applicants to visit the school. Visits will be available on the mornings of Friday 9 February and Wednesday 21 February between 10am and 12 noon.
There will also be an opportunity to ask the CEO questions about this post, remotely via Teams, on Wednesday 21 February, late afternoon. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to book in for any of the visits or the Q&A session with the CEO. These opportunities do not form any part of the interview process.
Applications are via My New Term and will include an application form with personal statement.
Closing date for applications is: 10am, Monday 26 February
Shortlisting will take place on: Friday 1 March
Interviews will be held on: Thursday 14 and Friday 15 March
If you feel inspired to discover more about this exciting opportunity, need any further information or would like to have an informal discussion, please contact Abi Jesson, GLT Director of People, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The Girls’ Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
As well as verification of identity, we ask all successful candidates to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure. In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) guidance, we may also conduct an online search about any shortlisted candidates as part of our due diligence to identify any matters that might relate directly to our legal duty to meet safeguarding duties, in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE)
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people and aim to employ a culturally diverse workforce, which reflects the nature of our communities.
This job post has expired.