A unique opportunity has arisen for the future of North Wheatley Primary school, a successful and very popular, small Church school. The pupils, staff and governing board are seeking to appoint a Headteacher and outstanding educator to lead our fantastic school community in the next phase of its development.
North Wheatley is a dynamic and thriving school, which is always striving for excellence, set in a beautiful village location. The work we do is collaborative and exciting, making best use of the skills that everyone brings, to ensure that pupils ‘shine as lights of the world’ Philippians 2:15.
This is a fantastic opportunity, so we are seeking a very special person who has the highest possible aspirations by being:
• An inspirational leader of staff, pupils and the community – able to communicate your vision clearly and simply to different audiences.
• Ambitious for all pupils, staff and the community.
• A wonderful teacher. You will understand what exceptional learning looks like and will guide and support teachers to be the best that they can be.
• Strategic in your evaluation and planning, able to manage and make sense of information from several sources.
• Well organised, systematic and reflective in your approach to leading a Church primary.
• An advocate of the Christian values that the Church of England promotes.
This position can offer you:
• The opportunity to make a real difference
• A dedicated, ambitious and talented staff
• Wonderful children who love to be inspired and to be valued
• A dedicated Governing board
• A supportive and ambitious community
If you believe you possess the qualities to take on this exciting challenge, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Visits to the school will be warmly encouraged, please contact the school office on 01427 880409 or email email@example.com to arrange a visit or to discuss this role further.
For an application pack, please also contact the school office.
The governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please note that this post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check. We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Closing Date: Tuesday 3rd March 2020 at 4pm
Shortlisting: Wednesday 4th March at 2pm
Interviews will take place on 10th and 11th March 2020.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Qualified Teacher Status
Recent CPD relevant to the post
Essential skills and experience
Substantial successful teaching experience in the primary phase
Substantial successful senior leadership experience in primary phase schools
About North Wheatley Church of England Primary School
- Sturton Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 9DH
- LA Maintained School
- North Wheatley Church of England Primary School website (opens in a new window)