Old Earth Primary School, Elland, West Yorkshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 20 to Lead Practitioners range 26, £65,561 to £75,936|
OLD EARTH PRIMARY SCHOOL
(Stand-alone converter academy)
2 – 11 years - NOR 474 plus 2 year old nursery.
Outstanding in all areas - Ofsted 2016
Lower Edge Road, Elland, HX5 9PL
"A happy, high achieving school where all are motivated and feel safe to thrive."
Starting September 2020
Salary L20 to L26 £65,561 to £75,936
On the retirement of the headteacher, the governing body is seeking to appoint an exceptional headteacher who inspires all pupils and staff to be the best they can be.
At the heart of the school’s effectiveness is the determination of all staff to help pupils to become confident and resilient learners in a happy and fun environment.
The school has exciting plans for the future that requires an authentic leader of proven experience, drive and skill.
The new headteacher needs to be a top communicator at all levels, being diplomatic and possessing strong interpersonal skills.
Old Earth became an academy in 2011 whilst maintaining good relationships with the Calderdale LA.
It enjoys strong links with its local community of primary and secondary schools.
School also enjoys very good relationships with parents and the wider local community.
Take a look at our website : www.oldearth.co.uk where you can get a flavour of what we’re all about – the newsletter tab and the Prospectus in Pictures are a good place to start.
A terrific place to work
We are seeking to appoint a committed, strong & inspirational headteacher who :
• Smiles and has a real sense of fun.
• Believes that children are at the centre of all that the school does.
• Will maintain and promote excellent standards of teaching & learning to build on the school’s existing strengths
• Is able to promote & drive tangible school improvement at a sustainable pace.
• Seeks to maintain the happy & caring ethos where all are valued and success is encouraged.
We offer the new headteacher
• A supportive and engaged governing body who are passionate about the school.
• A motivated, stable & talented staff both in and out of the classroom.
• Teaching that is consistently very strong.
• A hardworking, stable and talented teaching staff
• Motivated pupils’ whose involvement in their own learning is impressive & their behaviour excellent.
• An already well-developed and wide ranging curriculum.
• Well-developed grounds & facilities boasting excellent facilities that support teaching & learning.
A visit to the school is highly recommended
All aspects of the school’s demographic are similar to National Averages.
Old Earth is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The post is subject to enhanced DBS checks and supportive references.
• For further information, to book a visit and to get an application pack please contact Sheena Fairbairn
• on : firstname.lastname@example.org
• Closing date for applications will be Monday 16th March, 12pm noon
• Interviews will be held on Thursday 26th March
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Professional development activities undertaken within last 2 years
Essential skills and experience
Significant experience as a headteacher/deputy headteacher
Successful teaching experience in the primary phase.
Experience of leading curriculum areas and initiatives showing a positive impact .
Experience of modelling innovative approaches to school improvement and leadership.
Experience of maintaining school systems and processes that are fit for purpose.
Experience of successfully managing the performance of staff.
Experience of effective use of ICT systems for monitoring purposes.
Experience of financial management or making budgetary decisions.
Excellent oral, interpersonal, organisation, communication and problem-solving skills.
In depth knowledge of current and developing priorities in the primary sector.
A solid knowledge of the early years curriculum.
Ability to effectively analyse data and other management software to evaluate school performance.
Ability to successfully lead, motivate & support staff.
|School size||469 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Old Earth Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
Lower Edge Road, Elland, West Yorkshire, HX5 9PL