- £58,135 - £67,634 per annum
Headteacher job summary
School: Our Lady of Good Counsel
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Term: Full time
Salary: Leadership scale points 14 - 20
Salary: £58,135 - £67,634 per annum
Start date: 1 September 2022 or January 2023
Closing date: 1 July 2022
Join us and help us shape the future of Catholic education in Nottingham
The Diocese of Nottingham is looking to appoint a new Headteacher to this high performing Catholic Primary School from September 2022 or January 2023.
Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Primary School is a single year group entry in a leafy location, which provides a ‘village style school’. Our small class sizes, ensure every pupil is known as an individual and is an important and vital member of our school family, a family where children are polite, courteous and look out for one another in a caring manner.
Reporting to and working closely with the CEO, you will focus your leadership skills on both the Catholic life of the school and standards of teaching and learning. Working with the school community, you will be responsible for the all-round spiritual, social and academic development of all pupils.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment and a clear vision for Catholic Education
• Ensure that the example and teachings of Jesus Christ are at the centre of all that we do
• Have a proven track records of successful leadership, management and school improvement
• Have the vision, drive and energy to initiate, lead and manage strategies to build on the current successes and achievements of the school
• Be passionate about ensuring that each pupil fulfils their unique potential
• Be a confident, positive and visible leader with the ability to build relationships with staff, pupils, parents, Governors, Directors and others working in the CMAT and a wide variety of external partners
• Constantly be looking ahead, working closely with the CMAT, Governors and the SLT to develop a compelling faith centred vision for the school that acts as the focus of all activity and drives improvement
• Be able to build successful teams and work collaboratively with others to achieve success
• Have the ability to drive themselves and others
• Be able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances, maintaining high levels of performance
• Actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences
• Place safeguarding at the heart of the school
In return we can offer you:
• enthusiastic and ambitious children who are keen to learn
• a highly supportive and ambitious Catholic Multi-Academy Trust Board and Governing Body
• a school which is fully staffed by a dedicated, well qualified teaching and support team committed to supporting the school and its pupils
• an excellent, bespoke induction programme
For an informal discussion about the role and our school please contact the school office on 01529 304373.
The Trust and Our lady of Good Counsel Catholic Voluntary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Our Trust strives to be a supportive, inclusive, caring, and positive community where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We are committed to cultivating an equitable working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect and where every individual can fulfil their potential.
We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities, and beliefs. This includes those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the Trust’s Catholic character and Christian ethos. This diversity is fundamental to our values and enriches the lives of the students within our schools.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from people with a disability or long-term health condition.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn
Leadership Scale points 14 - 20
Applying for the job
If you wish to apply for this post, please:
More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
• complete the Catholic Education Service Application Form located on our website Vacancies - Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust (ololcatholicmat.co.uk)
• include a supporting statement of no more than two sides of A4
• include an additional single side of A4, summarising the impact of your work as a school leader in your current / recent roles.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Primary School, A Voluntary Academy
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 4 to 11
- School size
- 171 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Primary School is located in Sleaford. We offer single year group entry and a leafy location, which provides a ‘village style school’ within the town of Sleaford. Our small class sizes, ensure every pupil is known as an individual and is an important and vital member of our school family, a family where children are polite, courteous and look out for one another in a caring manner.
Sleaford is an attractive and bustling market town surrounded by flat fenland countryside, whose skyline is dominated by the 144-foot stone spire of St. Denys' Church. There are a number of heritage highlights in Sleaford, inclusive of Sleaford Castle, Cogglesford Mill and a variety of museums.
Arranging a visit to Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Primary School, A Voluntary Academy
For an informal discussion about the role and our school please contact Tamer Hodgson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a meeting with Moira Dales to discuss this post further