Are you looking for a new, exciting and unique opportunity to lead a vibrant and diverse community primary school?
Paxton Academy Sports and Science is a 2 form entry Primary School in Thornton Heath, Croydon. It joined Wandle Learning Trust in July 2019 and there are exciting plans for its future including a new state of the art building (April 2020).
Are you an enthusiastic, experienced and visionary leader able to rise to the challenge?
Our school now needs an inspiring permanent Head to take the school to the next important stage of its school improvement journey. You would either be an existing Head or an experienced Deputy with extensive leadership experience.
Are you passionate about education and inspiring children for the future?
In addition to the opportunity to work with highly rewarding children, we can offer you:
- The support of a forward-thinking Trust with comprehensive expertise in all curriculum areas via our Teaching School and Maths, Early Years and English Hubs
- The autonomy to plan outstanding provision in the best interests of your local school community.
- An authentic school-level partnership with Chesterton Primary and Chestnut Grove Academy – the founding members of the Wandle Learning Trust.
Please download the application form from www.wandlelearningtrust.org.uk
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
- Headteacher or Deputy experience with a track record of successfully leading and managing change
- Safeguarding children and a commitment to its importance
- Setting benchmarks, monitoring and evaluating the quality of teaching and learning
- Planning, determining and organising major curriculum areas
- Budget Management and financial responsibilities
About Paxton Academy Sports And Science
Paxton Academy Sports and Science opened in September 2014 with just Reception pupils and has been growing year on year. We currently have up to year 4 pupils. We aim to deliver a core offer to our pupils which includes a wide array of learning opportunities through our extended provision and successful partnerships with other schools and organisations. Our curriculum is biased towards the teaching of our specialisms, ‘sports and science’ where the teaching of health and well-being is key. In addition, pupils benefit from specialist teaching in modern foreign languages.
- 159 Brigstock Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR7 7JP
- Free School
- Paxton Academy Sports And Science website (opens in a new window)