L33 - 39 (£92,624 to £107,239) starting point subject to experience
The Governing Body and RMET Trustees are pleased to invite applications for the post of Headteacher at Rainham Mark Grammar School, following the retirement of the current post holder. Governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational and highly motivated Headteacher with the vision and energy to continue to build on our achievements, working with the staff, Governing Body and Trust to develop a robust strategy for continued improvement.
• Have a clear vision which focuses on raising achievement and standards through a wide variety of teaching and learning experiences.
• Significant experience as a senior leader in a secondary school, with a proven track record of effective leadership and management.
• Work with the Governing Body and Trust to lead the overall strategic leadership and management of the school, and its pursuit of excellence in relation to the educational standards enjoyed by all our students.
• Ensure the highest quality of curriculum and pastoral provision for all year groups and ability levels, working to support the Trust’s vision, mission and values.
• Develop and implement strategies to raise standards of attainment and progress across the whole school.
• Work to identify the best practice available and use this to create an outward looking culture which promotes an ethos of achievement and a desire for excellence.
• Have experience of whole school data analysis, reporting and target setting.
• Be passionate about high expectations and high standards of achievement for all.
• Be passionate about teaching and learning.
• Be an effective team player and maintain high staff morale during the current pandemic.
What can RMGS offer you?
We can offer you the opportunity to work with high-ability young people in a supportive, well-equipped and forward-thinking school, as well as access to excellent professional development opportunities within our ‘Outstanding’ school. A major building programme in recent years has delivered a brand-new Art block with 2 large beautifully appointed studios, excellent sports accommodation with free gym facilities for staff and students, as well as free Health care provision.
Applying for the job
Application packs are available to download from the vacancies section on the school website (www.rainhammark.com) or can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted by the deadline via email to email@example.com
Interview dates: Monday 8 February and Tuesday 9 February 2021More on how to apply
1442 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Rainham Mark Grammar School
“An Outstanding School” Ofsted 2014 - Rainham Mark Grammar School is a very popular and highly successful co-educational selective school with a large Sixth Form in the heart of Kent.
We aim to be a friendly, caring and stimulating community which motivates young people to enjoy learning, participate enthusiastically in wider activities and make the most of their abilities.
Arranging a visit to Rainham Mark Grammar School
If you would like to arrange an informal discussion about this position with the RMET CEO, or to arrange a COVID secure visit (in early January 2021) please contact Mrs Smith (PA to the Headteacher) on 01634-364151 or email HR@rmgs.org.uk including your available dates. Please note that visits will be welcomed after the School day and will be dependent on local/national COVID restrictions that may be in place.
Pump Lane, Gillingham, Kent, ME8 7AJ